Pages

Thursday 28 May 2020

JAI #507: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


It's been a bit of a cold and wet week in Adelaide this week, so perfect weather for crafting! I had a play day on Wednesday, where I watched both Mamma Mia movies and crafted the day away. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that, so it was heavenly! One of the cards I made was for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jackie has designed a fun, funky sketch for us to use.


I love the quirk of the angled line at the bottom. While it would be easy to just go straight across the card, the diagonal adds a touch of fun to a card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Sweet Stamp Shop, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Snow Front, Legendary, Legendary Word Die, Stampin' Blends, Subtle 3DEF, Stitched Shapes Dies, Gold Foil

Speaking of fun, I took the opportunity to play with a Stamp set that I recently purchased from Kindred Stamps, called Legendary. The gamers out there may think that this character looks familiar. I'm not very 'up' with him, but my kids and hubby know exactly who he looks like! I created a forrest background for him, as it suits his outfit and pointy ears. I used a mix of Waterfront and Snow Front to create the scene. Did you notice the cloud? I stamped it with some First White Shimmer Paint to give the wispy look of a cloud.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Sweet Stamp Shop, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Snow Front, Legendary, Legendary Word Die, Stampin' Blends, Subtle 3DEF, Stitched Shapes Dies, Gold Foil

The character himself was coloured sing my Stampin' Blends. I used both my Ivory and Bronze Blends to colour his skin - Ivory for the bulk of the area, and then the Bronze to add shadows around his hairline or the edge of his clothing. It's a great trick when the Ivory on its own is too flat. The legendary die is from Sweet Stamp Shop and it just called Legendary Word. It's a match made in heaven with this stamp set!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Sweet Stamp Shop, Just Add Ink, Waterfront, Snow Front, Legendary, Legendary Word Die, Stampin' Blends, Subtle 3DEF, Stitched Shapes Dies, Gold Foil

I recreated much of the same scene, including the wispy cloud, on the inside of my card. The female character has made her home here. I had assumed that she was the main character, and should be on the front of the card, but Rob tells me that the male character is the main character, even though the game is named for her. Go figure!

That's all from me this week. Did you like my card with Jackie's fun sketch? You can see what the rest of the Design Team made with it over on the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card to enter our challenge. Can't wait to see what you make of the sketch!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.