Pages

Thursday 21 May 2020

JAI #506: Just Add Inspiration

Hi!


Welcome back to this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Nikki has found a gorgeous Inspiration Photo to kick start our creativity. The colours are amazing!


I am beyond excited about tonight's card, as it features some stamps from a company that I only recently found. They are a Canadian company, called Three Room Studio. I ordered the stamps just before the world went a little crazy with COVID, and they took 2 months to arrive - I had nearly given up on ever getting them. But good things come to those who wait, and they finally showed up in my letterbox.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Three Room Studio, Just Add Ink, I Heart Books, One More Chapter, Watercolour Pencils

The image comes from a stamp set called I Heart Books - which is the story of my life! The sentiments are from the One More Chapter stamp set. Oh, I can sooo relate to that too! I am a huge reader, and so these stamps called to me! I coloured her with my watercolour pencils, as always blending with my Wink Of Stella. I've used softer versions of colours from the Inspiration photo, blue, purple and yellow.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Three Room Studio, Just Add Ink, I Heart Books, One More Chapter, Watercolour Pencils

I had a bit of fun playing with her hair. I coloured it in Daffodil Delight and then used my Early Espresso pencil to add shadows. I couldn't resist adding a Melon Mambo fringe, just for fun.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Three Room Studio, Just Add Ink, I Heart Books, One More Chapter, Watercolour Pencils

The inside sentiment is another big reason why I purchased the stamps. I'm totally happy when reading books and drinking tea! As a bonus, the set has the same sentiment, with with coffee. I'm sure you'll be seeing more cards made with these stamps in the future!

Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can find the rest of this week's Design Team cards. Once you've worked out what grabs your attention in this week's Inspiration Challenge, you can add your card to the linky there too.

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.