Pages

Sunday 10 May 2020

CTC #269 Week 2: Your Favourite Retiring Bundle

Hi!


Thanks for joining me once again for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop! We are mid way through our current challenge, which is to CASE Your Favourite Retiring Bundle.


This week I have chosen to use the Varied Vases bundle.


I have used the stamp set a lot, but mostly for the sentiments! I love the curly script font, especially as it's a smaller size. For my card I decided to get a bit more adventurous and use the vases and flowers.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Varied Vases Bundle, Ornate Layers Dies, Painted Labels Dies

I started by blending some ink on the front of the card. I used Purple Posy and Soft Sea Foam. Thankfully the Posy ink behaved itself and blended nicely. I cropped the panel using one of the new Ornate Layers Dies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Varied Vases Bundle, Ornate Layers Dies, Painted Labels Dies

The flower outlines were stamped in Memento ink and then filled with colour. Stamped of Rococo Rose for the top flower (an orchid? I have no idea!) and stamped off Rich Razzleberry for the other flower. The vases were just cropped from Whisper White card. I tried stamping different colours and metallics, but nothing looked quite right other than WW.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Varied Vases Bundle, Ornate Layers Dies, Painted Labels Dies

I recreated the same scene on the inside - hahaha, I just realised I did the same on last weeks card! The sentiment I used on the inside is my favourite from the set. It works so well with any floral card, and I have used it a lot.

That's all from me this week. AS I said, we are mid way through this fortnight's challenge, so you have another week to get your card made, photographed and posted into our Facebook group. I'd love to know your favourite retiring bundle!


In the meantime though, please do finish the hop. I'm near the end this week, so if you started at the top, you're nearly done! If not, just keep going until you get back to where you started. Easy! Next up is the lovely Shannon, who has made a super cute card!


Bye for now, and a very Happy Mother's Day to the mums of all sorts out there!

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, your ink blending is amazing. I’ve always loved that bundle, great choice 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you always decorate the inside of your cards so beautifully. It looks great how you’ve used the similar elements as the front but kept it just to the bottom section. I really must start decorating the insides of my cards more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of retiring and new Tina. The white vases really pop against your gorgeous sponging.
    Looks like you're starting to trend using same elements on the inside - superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Tina, inside and out. Your ink blending looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, Tina. Love the ink blended background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.