Pages

Sunday 17 May 2020

CTC #270 Week 1: CASE Your Favourite Retiring Die Or Punch

Hi!


Oh, wow, it's been such a lovely, sunny weekend here in Adelaide, that I actually found it hard to sit down and craft! We've been a bit cooped up with wet weather lately, so yesterday we took the kids to walk along the boardwalk at the beach, and today we walked and biked through our local reserve. Glorious!


This fortnight's CASEing The Catty Sunday Blog Hop Challenge is to CASE your favourite retiring die or punch. As I was so time poor, I reached for a die that does a lot of the work for you, the Thank You Die. I think this die will find a permanent home in my collection, as it's a great die.


I also reached for some DSP that doesn't need much else to look pretty - the Peaceful Poppies DSP. I will miss this paper, I haven't used it nearly enough. Sigh, do you ever save stuff for 'special' and then never actually use it? Every day is special, so I should just chop it!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Thank You Die, Peaceful Poppies DSP, Glimmer Paper

This piece of DSP was already cropped in the bag, saving a little more time for me! LOL. It's a little smaller than I'd usually use on a card front, so I matted it with Basic Black. I then had a dilemma - do I use White Dimensionals, or Black, to pop it up on my Whisper White card base? My Facebook followers mostly said Black, but I ended up using White, just in case the Black would show through the WW card base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Thank You Die, Peaceful Poppies DSP, Glimmer Paper

The hero of the card is the gorgeous Glimmer Black die cut. I realised after that the Black Glimmer is retired, but you could also use the Black Foil (which is about to retire). To give the die cut dimension, I cropped three in plain Basic Black card and then glued all 4 layers together before adhering it to the card base. A few black sequins from the coordinating Peaceful Poppies Sequins finished off the front of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Thank You Die, Peaceful Poppies DSP, Glimmer Paper

I had another little scrap of the front DSP in the pack, so I used it for the inside. No inside sentiment so that I could have plenty of room to write a message of gratitude.

To enter our challenges you just need to make a suitable card and upload it to the wall in our Facebook group. No blog or fancy photography is necessary, but of course you can have all that if you like!


You're nearly at the end of the Hop if you began at the start. If not, just keep going until you get back to where you started. The next stop is the lovely Rose, who has used a gorgeous Stitched Die set that I will miss a lot!


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Wow - a simple design but it packs a punch. I bet that black glimmer looks even more special in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so perfect and so pretty and amazing and dynamic. Love the combination of paper and sparkly and black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magic! Really, this paper does the work but the sparkly thank you sets it off a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to showcase the DSP. Love how you’ve done the 4 layers of the sentiment to really give it dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Tina. I love the depth of the “Thank You” with all the layers and the Black Glimmer Paper works perfectly with this DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the black glimmer thank you looks stunning!! And on that lovely dsp, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.