Pages

Thursday 7 May 2020

JAI #504: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Thanks for popping in for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's a colour combo, set by me!


I really love the mix of greys with the dusky pink. I needed a Mother's Day card for my mum, and I thought this colour combo would work well for a feminine card, despite the greys.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Dressed To Impress Bundle, Ornate Frames Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Stampin' Blends, In Colour DSP

I only recently purchased the Dressed To Impress bundle, despite it being available since January. With the news that it was carrying over to the new Annual Catalogue, I decided to purchase while I could still get it at the discounted bundle price.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Dressed To Impress Bundle, Ornate Frames Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Stampin' Blends, In Colour DSP

I started by stamping the lipstick in Memento and then colouring with my Rococo Rose and Smokey Slate Blends. The sentiment comes from the stamp stamp set, and was cropped using a die from the bundle. The Glimmer label underneath was cut from the Ornate Frames Die. A strip of Basic Grey DSP and some Rose Metallic Thread, all layered over some sponged Rococo Rose ink, finished the front of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Dressed To Impress Bundle, Ornate Frames Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Stampin' Blends, In Colour DSP

I had stamped and coloured a second lipstick at the same the as the one on the front, knowing it would go to great use on the inside. I adhered the strip of DSP to the card before I cropped it with the largest Stitched Rectangle die. This added the stitching to the DSP without any extra effort on my behalf. I didn't stamp an inside message, as I chose to write a personal message to my mum instead.

Time now to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can find the rest of this week's Design Team cards. When you've made your card using the challenge colours, you can link it up there as well!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.