Pages

Thursday 19 September 2019

JAI #475: Just Add Food

Hi!


Welcome back for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Kelly has asked us to add food to our cards - not real food, just the paper and ink kind! Although, you could probably get away with including a lollipop on your card. Hmm, now why didn't I think of that sooner?


I was a bit stumped by this for a while, until I remembered this cute Kindred Stamps set that I purchased about a year ago. It celebrates National Gingerbread Day - I didn't even know there was any such day!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, National Gingerbread Day, Waterfront, Merry Christmas To All, Night Before Christmas DSP, Subtle EF

How funny is that gingerbread man/beast? LOL! I heat embossed the image four times on Crumb Cake cardstock using white embossing powder. I also cut a strip of DSP from the Night Before Christmas pack. I think a hot chocolate is the perfect combo with gingerbread, don't you agree?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, National Gingerbread Day, Waterfront, Merry Christmas To All, Night Before Christmas DSP, Subtle EF

The card base was stamped with the splatters from Waterfront using Crumb Cake ink. I was hoping it looked like gingerbread crumbs under the cookies. I then used my Subtle folder to emboss the cardstock. I totally agree with the sentiment - gingerbread tastes way better chewy (which is also a hint to the identity of the gingerbread character!).

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, National Gingerbread Day, Waterfront, Merry Christmas To All, Night Before Christmas DSP, Subtle EF

I used my fourth gingerbread man on the inside, along wth some more hot chocolate. My kids think this card is hilarious - they don't want me to use it at Christmas. I will have to compromise by sending it to someone who will really appreciate the humour!

As we have arrived at the end of my post, it's time to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see the rest of this week's Design Team cards. In the meantime, are you thinking about what food related stuff you have that you could use on a card? Can't wait to see it!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.