Pages

Sunday 8 September 2019

CTC #245: Let It Snow

Hi!


Sunday afternoon, which means it's CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop time! I really enjoy these hops, full of inspiration on how to use your Stampin' Up! Catalogues as a source of creative inspiration. The blog before mine was Julia's, but we are all linked in a circle, so just keep on going until you get back to your starting point. 


This week we are CASEing cards from the Let It Snow suite of products. I have to say that I love the colours in the Let It Snow DSP as a Christmas combo. Coastal Cabana with Real Red and Whisper White is a combo I return to again and again. It's no surprise that the card on page 21 of the Holiday Catalogue caught my eye for this week's Challenge.


Isn't it pretty? A couple of weeks ago one of my nieces had a really rough time and spent over a week in hospital, so I wanted to make a card to let her know I was thinking of her, as I live too far away to give any practical support. I reached for the Birds Of A Feather Paper Pumpkin kit, which I received when I was in the USA nearly a year ago.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Birds Of A Feather, Paper Pumpkin, Ribbon Of Courage, See A Silhouette DSP

The feather laser cut panel is from the PP kit, and I backed it with a piece of See A Silhouette DSP. I ten layered it all on some Coastal Cabana and Whisper White card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Birds Of A Feather, Paper Pumpkin, Ribbon Of Courage, See A Silhouette DSP

The label and stamp are from the Paper Pumpkin kit, and they added a touch of Night Of Navy to the card, along with the leaves from the kit.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Birds Of A Feather, Paper Pumpkin, Ribbon Of Courage, See A Silhouette DSP

The large silver feather was also from the kit, but it was a colour I wasn't keen on. Instead I flipped it over and pushed it onto my Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink pad. I was so happy with how it turned out! A bit of twine, pulled apart into two strands, and a scattering of rhinestones finished off the front of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Birds Of A Feather, Paper Pumpkin, Ribbon Of Courage, See A Silhouette DSP

The inside sentiment was from the retired stamp set, Ribbon of Courage, and I thought it was perfect from someone recovering from two surgeries.The feather stamp was from the PP kit.

That's it from me this week. You can join us in our Facebook group, where you can add our card for the week's challenge. We'd love to see you in the group!


Now you're off to see Monique's fabulous Let It Snow inspired Christmas card!


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. I love these colours for Christmas. And they work so well with the feathers too. This is a gorgeous card! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours do look great together! Beautiful card! I hope your niece is ok and I’m sure she will love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a nice card Tina. I really like the colours you've used on it.I hope your niece recovers well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card makes me insanely jealous of that PP kit. Those leaves are divine. I love the colours you've gone for with this, they are just right for a card to cheer someone up. I hope your niece is recovering well, I'm sure this beautiful card gave her a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card for your niece, Tina. I hope she is recovering now. Sadly, I haven't done anything with my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Can I admit I haven't used my kit yet either!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.