Pages

Sunday 15 September 2019

CTC #246: Feels Like Frost

Hi!


Woo hoo, time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop! It's been a glorious weekend here in Adelaide, so I'm glad I got my card done early in the week, as I've been out enjoying the sunshine. How does lunch at a McLaren Vale winery with friends sound, followed by a night with the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra watching Harry Potter? It was as perfect as you can imagine! On a more mum note, it's also been perfect clothes washing weather. Can't escape that chore!


Anyway, on to this week's challenge! We are CASEing the cards and colours in the Feels Like Frost suite of products. The blues, greens and purples are so pretty together! I'm a real blue girl though, and this card at the bottom of the page caught my eye.


The Pretty Peacock and Silver look stunning together! I've made quite a few Pretty Peacock cards lately though, so I decided to switch it our for some blues. Here's what I came up with.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, So Many Stars bundle, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Delicata Ink, Christmas

I started by using my sponge brayer to add some Seaside Spray ink to the right 2/3rds of the card, and then some Night Of Navy over the right third. I didn't add a heap of ink, and I didn't want really dark navy, just a hint of it. I then stamped the stars all over using my Silvery Shimmer Delicata ink.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, So Many Stars bundle, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Delicata Ink, Christmas

I don't have any snowflakes in my collection of dies, so I used my new stars instead. I think they work just as well! A strip of Seaside Spray In Colour DSP and some Silver Glimmer Paper finish off the front of the card nicely. Oh, and I can't forget the sequins!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, So Many Stars bundle, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Delicata Ink, Christmas

Isn't that big star stamp gorgeous? It also comes with a filler stamp, but I didn't want to make it too heavy, or the sentiment would have got lost.

Don't forget to join us in our Facebook group. You can see the cards for each week's challenge and enter your own card - no blog necessary!


Time to hop on over to the lovely Rebecca's blog to continue on with the hop.


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Tina. I love blues and silver for Christmas. The way you've graduated the colour across the card looks gorgeos. And that sentiment looks so good stamped over that star on the inside. Your weekend plans make me want another trip to Adelaide, it sounds like a perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, your background looks amazing and the stars are a perfect substitute for snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CASE, Tina! Love the background and the stars are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the silver stars!! Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.