Pages

Sunday 29 September 2019

CTC #248: Annual Catalogue With A Twist

Hi!


Welcome to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop! Have you started here with me, or come from Shannon's blog? It really doesn't matter, but please do continue hopping until you get back to where you started.


This week we are choosing a card from the Annual Catalogue and CASEing it using our Holiday Catalogue supplies. That sounds easy, until you realise that there's over 200 pages of projects to choose from! I ended up starting at the back, and soon came across this cute little card on page 206.


I loved the subtle DSP behind the main panel, and the way the image overhangs the circle panel. Too cute!

I started with a 4 1/4" square Old Olive card base, which I covered with a piece of DSP from the Night Before Christmas pack.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, # Elfie, Night Before Christmas DSP, Stampin' Blends, Ornate Frames Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies

The next layer was Whisper White cardstock, cropped to 3 1/2" square. I ran it though my Big Shot in my Subtle folder. I actually placed the cardstock in the folder on a diagonal, so that the pattern runs  diagonally. I wish the camera had picked it up! The Whisper White Stitched Shapes Circle was sponged with Night Of Navy ink, fading out at the bottom of the circle. I stamped a scattering of stars in Golden Glitz Delicata ink.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, # Elfie, Night Before Christmas DSP, Stampin' Blends, Ornate Frames Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies

My cute little elf was stamped in Memento ink and colours with my Blends - Ivory, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake. I then used my Shimmery Crystal Effects to coat the edge of his hat, collar, buttons and bottom of his jacket. An Old Olive linen twine bow and a few shapes from the Ornate Frames Dies finishes off the front of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, # Elfie, Night Before Christmas DSP, Stampin' Blends, Ornate Frames Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies

Being a smaller card, there wasn't really enough room to stamp the elf again, so I contented myself with stamping and colouring the present and then stamping the sentiment from Elfie.

Phew, that's it from me. Do you know we have a Facebook group for our challenges? You don't need a blog to enter, just snap a photo of your card and upload it to the group. Done!


Now you're off on the next stop of this Blog Hop, which is my lovely friend and SU travel buddy, Judy!


Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Love this card, the old olive for Elfie's clothes are quite eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Tina! Such beautiful colouring - especially that sponged background with the gold stars. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cute! Great case. Love the background and of course the cute little elf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your card. Love the sponging. Love the elf colouring and shimmer and I love the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect Tina! Love everything about this card. Perfectly layered and just enough finishing on the inside. Sure to be a winner at Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little elf is too cute!! Your colouring is perfect. I love the shading on the background as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.