Pages

Thursday 25 April 2019

JAI #454: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Welcome back to the newJust Add Ink challenge. This week Lou has put together this fun colour combo for us to use.


I must admit that when I first saw this combo, fun was not the word I had in mind! It's very bright and I was stumped for a long time. Then I saw a technique using glycerine with ink and sponges to create a background and I thought I'd give it a go with these colours. You basically pick up a bit of glycerine with your sponge before picking up the ink. It helps the ink to go onto the cardstock a lot smoother.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Lift Me Up Bundle

My initial background was meant to look like the sun at the bottom with the sky and upper atmosphere above. My daughter thought the balloon was floating over a beach! Whatever works for you, I guess!

I was OK with the Pineapple Punch sun and Coastal Cabana sky, but the Blueberry Bushel atmosphere part just didn't work - I couldn't get the blue intense enough. I nearly binned the whole piece. I hate wasting the effort though, so I pulled out my trusty sponge brayer and went over the Blueberry Bushel part. Yay! Finally the depth I was after!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Lift Me Up Bundle

I then used my Aquapainter to flick some water over the piece to add some visual interest to the background. I initially cut a Basic Black balloon to go on the card, but it didn't look right. The Whisper White was much better. Don't you agree? Did you know that the Up & Away bundle is retiring with the end of the current Annual Catalogue? It's one I will miss!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Lift Me Up Bundle

I used each of the colours again on the inside of the card. I hadn't intended the Pineapple Punch layer, but I'd forgotten that I could have just stamped on the WW base rather than the insert piece. It looked strange just white on white on the inside, so I just trimmed the layer and matted it with the Pineapple cardstock.

So, all in all, it really is a fun colour combo! What do you think? You can see the rest of this week's Design Team cards over at the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.