Pages

Sunday 7 April 2019

CTC #223: Classic Garage

Hi!


Yay! It's just three more sleeps until I fly out for Auckland and Stampin' Up!'s OnStage event, and it's starting to get really exciting! I can't wait to see all my demo friends and to get the goss on all the new SU stuff being released. In the meantime though, it's time for the new CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. You may ave arrived here from Sandra's blog, or be starting here - it doesn't matter, just keep hopping until you've seen everyone's blog.


This week we are CASEing projects from the Classic Garage section of the Occasions Catalogue. I have really enjoyed making cards using the Classic Garage DSP, but this time I decided to go the complete opposite direction.


I started with the layout of the grey card above, but pulled out my Petal Promenade DSP to make it as girly as possible. Do you think I've succeeded?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Promenade DSP, Label Me Pretty, Bike Ride, Incredible Like You, Stitched Labels Framelits

You can see how I've kept everything as much the same as I can in terms of the layout and elements, I've just swapped for very feminine alternatives. The rose paper that forms the larger banner was distressed around the edges, scrunched and then smoothed to create some texture and dimension. The smaller banner already looked scrunched, so it was just adhered as is!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Promenade DSP, Label Me Pretty, Bike Ride, Incredible Like You, Stitched Labels Framelits

I stamped the flowers from Bike Ride in Sahara Sand, stamped off once, around the Stitched Labels die cut. The flowers in the Label Me Pretty image were stamped in Tranquil Tide and then coloured with my Blushing Bride marker. I had to be careful to not colour over the TT lines, as this would pull the colour into the BB and make it look muddy.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Petal Promenade DSP, Label Me Pretty, Bike Ride, Incredible Like You, Stitched Labels Framelits

A strip of that gorgeous rose DSP was used to finish off the inside. It's such pretty paper - it reminds me of a bridal bouquet.

Don't forget to pop on over to our Facebook group to join in the fun each week.


Before you do, don't forget to finish the hop! Michelle's blog is next.


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Great card Tina - from masculine to feminine in one swoop! What a transformation! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Tina and yes, it's very girly. Great CASE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.