Pages

Thursday 11 April 2019

JAI #452: Just Add A Sketch

Hi!


Welcome to the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's a sketch challenged designed by me! This was a fun sketch to design, and I think it can be interpreted so many ways - don't just stick to circles, any shape is fine!


I think I designed this before Christmas and I had snowflakes in my head instead of circles. In the end, I used a mix of Pokeballs and stars.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Amazing Life Bundle, Picture Perfect Birthday, Large Numbers, Classic Garage DSP, Punch Art, Pokemon

I made this card for my oldest child, Alex, who is turning 16 (gulp!) in a few days. He's mad on Pokemon Go, and the Pokeballs are a big part of the game. The Crushed Curry DSP is from the Classic Garage DSP Pack, I loved the subtle grungy pattern in it.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Amazing Life Bundle, Picture Perfect Birthday, Large Numbers, Classic Garage DSP, Punch Art, Pokemon

To make the Pokeballs I punched 1 1/4 inch circles in Whisper White and Real Red, then snipped the red ones in half. I added a thin strip of Basic Black to the back of the red and then adhered the whole lot to the white. To get the little circles, I used a 1/4 inch circle punch and then punched a 1/2 inch circle over the opening to create a black 'donut'. I then adhered it over the top of a 1/2 inch white circle and then glued that to the larger circle. Done!

The numbers 16 were done in a similar way to the larger part of the Pokeball. The hardest part was lining up the black strip!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Amazing Life Bundle, Picture Perfect Birthday, Large Numbers, Classic Garage DSP, Punch Art, Pokemon

I made a fourth Pokeball for the inside of the card too - why not when I'm already making three? LOL. I hope Alex loves his card, I know I had fun making it.

Time to head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can find the rest of the Design Team's cards  and add your own to the challenge.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.