Pages

Sunday 21 April 2019

CTC #225: Easter

Hi!


Welcome to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. I'm the start of the hop this week, which surprises me, as I'm usually not that organised!


This week we are celebrating Easter by CASEing our favourite Easter projects from either of the current catalogues, or you could take a non-Easter card and make an Easter version. Whatever you like! When flicking through for inspiration, this cute bunny card caught my eye.


It's from page 22 of the Occasions Catalogue, which shows how some products from the Occasions Catalogue tie back to some from the Annual Catalogue. That wasn't what intrigued me though, it was the stitched lines at the top and bottom of the card - can you see them? I decided to run with that, but also step it up a little.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Daisy Lane, Beautiful Day, Gingham Gala DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stitched Shapes Dies

I used the largest circle in the Stitched Shapes die set to cut the background. I started by lightly drawing some guidelines on the Highland Heather card and then cutting the middle circle. I left the circle in place and then cropped the two either side. I then adhered everything piece by piece onto a piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock and mounted it on my Gorgeous Grape base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Daisy Lane, Beautiful Day, Gingham Gala DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stitched Shapes Dies

How sweet are these daisies? They are from a new set from the upcoming Annual Catalogue called Daisy Lane. These are smaller than our current daisies and will have a punch to match. Sadly for me, I don't have the punch yet, as I had to fussy cut the six daisies I stamped and coloured with Blends. The leaves are also from the same stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Daisy Lane, Beautiful Day, Gingham Gala DSP, Stampin' Blends, Stitched Shapes Dies

I'd originally planned to make the daisies on the front with three layers, but I quite liked the look of just two. As I's already stamped and coloured six, it meant that I had two spare for the inside. Yay!  was very happy to discover that the new colour family DSP stacks have a gingham print, so very soon we will have gingham in all of our colours. Double yay!

That's it for me now, don't forget to join in the fun in our Facebook group.


Before you go, though, don't forget to finish the hop! Next up is the lovely Sandra.


Bye for now,

Tina



5 comments:

  1. That stitching in the background is so clever! Another awesome way to feature our dies. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new daisy. So perfect. And your stitched circles background treatment is lovely. What a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background stitching is so clever, Tina! I love it - will definitely be trying that one out, thank you for sharing such a great idea. The rest of the card is of course very pretty. Exceptional fussy cutting of the daisy, but I bet you can't wait to get the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Tina, your fussy cut daisies look fantastic. Can't wait to play with my Daisy Lane stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! It looks stunning. And I love those daisies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.