Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Up & Away With Basic Grey

Hi!

Time for another feature colour Blog Share!


This week we are featuring Basic Grey. I must admit that it's a colour I don't used very much, so it was a bit of a struggle this week for me. My card classes this month have been trying the Polished Stone technique, so I decided to give the technique a whirl using Basic Grey.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Lift Me Up, Up & Away Thinlits, Polished Stone Technique

To make the Polished Stone panel I took a piece of Glossy White cardstock and a cotton ball. I squirted some Isocol (rubbing alcohol) on the cotton ball and then dripped some drops of Basic Grey, Smokey Slate and Bermuda Bay ink from my reinkers onto the soaked part of the cotton ball. I then just dabbed the cotton ball all over the Glossy cardstock until I was happy with the look. I had to use my old Archival Basic Grey reinker, and I don't think it worked quite as well as the Classic reinkers do, as it reacted differently with the Isocol. Good enough, though!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Lift Me Up, Up & Away Thinlits, Polished Stone Technique

I adhered the panel flat to the base and then popped up the Whisper White panels on either side. It's a fun, different way to add a bit of interest to a card. How do you like the sentiment feature? Using a rectangle under a flag is a little quirky, but fun touch to the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Lift Me Up, Up & Away Thinlits, Polished Stone Technique

I used another Polished Stone panel on the inside. I actually made this piece first using a Glossy offcut as a test piece for the larger panel on the front. I suspected the Archival Basic Grey might not work, so I made a smaller piece first rather than waste a larger piece. Thankfully, it worked well enough that I was happy to keep going.

As usual, Catherine is hosting the Blog Share, so you can find the links to the other blogs there. Enjoy - there's always some amazing projects to see!

Bye for now,

Tina

7 comments:

  1. Tina this is the first time I've seen the polished stone technique and it looks amazing. Love your colour choices. Thanks for joining the AWH colour creations blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your polished stone technique, Tina, it gives a real wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Tina. Thanks for sharing the details about the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card using the balloon. Love the soft look of the polished stone panels. I'm a fan of polished stone, have already revisited that technique with my class ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tina, it looks fantastic! This is the first time I have heard of the polished stone technique and it looks really amazing. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The polished stone technique is stunning! I really love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Tina and the inside looks gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.