Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Smooshed Berry

Hi!

Hooray for a Colour Creations Blog Share with one of my favourite colours!


This week we are featuring Berry Burst. It's such a luscious, rich pink - very aptly named! I needed to make a card for one of my nieces, so I decided to make it a little special.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Balloon Celebration, Bunch Of Blossoms, Daisy Punch

Have you tried the smooshing technique? That's how I created my background. I used an Aqua  Painter to spread some water over my 'F' clear block (that's the background stamp sized one), and then picked up some Berry Burst ink and mixed it around in the water. I kept going until I was happy with the pink colour, and then I took my cardstock and smooshed it onto the block. I love the variations in colour you get, and the little runs where some water has pooled.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Balloon Celebration, Bunch Of Blossoms, Daisy Punch

Once it dried, I roughly sponged some more Berry Burst through the diamond mask in the Pattern Party set.  I then finished with some Pear Pizzazz Shimmer ribbon, Black sequin trim, and some Basic Black Faceted Gems. With all that colour, I left the daisy crisp Whisper White on top. I layered three of the punched daisies to give a very full look, probably more of a gerbera.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Balloon Celebration, Bunch Of Blossoms, Daisy Punch

To finish the inside, I sponged with the mask again and then dragged my wet Aqua Painter over the sponged area to spread the colour.

As usual, you can find the links to the other blogs over at Catherine's blog. Berry Burst is a popular colour, so there's bound to be plenty of inspiration to be found!

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Tina I've been wanting to try the smooshing technique and your lovely card has convinced me to give it a go. Thanks for joining the colour creations blog hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smooshed berry background looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO lovely card. Colour combination is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of the Smooshing technique before will have to see how this is done and give it a go. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh so pretty. The background looks fantastic, especially with the added sponging of the diamond mask!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, Tina. Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Tina. I've seen the smooshing technique before but have never tried it. I've wanted to but never got around to doing it, I'm definitely going to have a try and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is very special Tina, but I love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.