Pages

Thursday 7 June 2018

JAI #412: Just Choose Two

Hi!

Yay for Friday, and double yay for a Long Weekend! Do you have plans? I need to sort out my youngest's wardrobe, but otherwise I'm hoping to craft as much as possible. I have a sewing project or two planned also.


This week for our Just Add Ink  challenge, Lou has tasked us to choose two on our cards.


Hmm, which two will you choose? I went with spots and splatters for my card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Swirly Bird, Wood Textures DSP

I decided to try a new to me technique on this card. I can't recall what it's called, but you basically ink up a mask and then press the cardstock to the mask. In this way, you get the reverse of the pattern you'd get by sponging ink onto the cardstock through the mask. I chose this spotty design from the now retired Seasonal Decorative Masks, inked it up with Mint Macaron ink, spritzed it with a tiny bit of water, and then pressed the card to the mask. I love how it turned out - the splotchy, grungy kind of look.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Swirly Bird, Wood Textures DSP

To finish the front, I stamped some splatters in Early Espresso ink to layer under my sentiment. I really, really, really wanted to add some bling, but I was trying hard to keep this card more on the masculine side, so I ended up using a few retired Enamel Dots in Early Espresso to jazz it up a little.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Picture Perfect Birthday, Swirly Bird, Wood Textures DSP

The bottom of the inside was created the same way as the front, but instead of inking the whole piece of cardstock, I gently bent the card so that only the bottom touched the mask. I pressed with my fingers to ink up the small section. Doing it this way gives a random, messy edge rather than a straight one, which would look a little odd.

As usual, the Design Team have risen to the challenge and produced some wonderful cards. You can see them over at the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your cards. Which two will you choose?

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. A great layout and I love your colour combination, Tina. I love the technique you used for your background - must try it some time. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fantastic guy card, Tina! I love your background and will have to try this cool technique! Your layered labels are so striking and pairs so well with the wood and inky details too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Tina! That technique is so effective and such a cool idea for a different look...great card and thanks for the inspiration, l love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this effect Tina - I'd never have thought to use the mask in that way. Stunning! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.