Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2018

On The Waterfront At Bermuda Bay

Hi!

Have you been enjoying our weekly Colour Creations Blog Shares? I have! It's been fun using colours that I may not have used for a while. Which is a little funny, as this week is Bermuda Bay, a colour that I featured heavily on last week's Basic Grey card!


This week's card started off with a 'I wonder what it would look like if I tried...' thought. In this case, I was thinking about brayering some colour onto the pale Wood Textures DSP.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Waterfront, Wood Textures DSP, Stitched Shapes Framelits

What do you think? I loved how it turned out! It was exactly the beachy look I was going for. I layered it on a Sahara Sand card base - which is another colour I don't use a lot of, but is a great alternative to Crumb Cake, which was a bit dark for this look.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Waterfront, Wood Textures DSP, Stitched Shapes Framelits

I used Bermuda Bay (ocean), Sahara Sand (beach), Crumb Cake (trunks), Old Olive (palm leaves), Pool Party stamped off (sky) and Daffodil Delight (sun) to create the scene on the front. I then created a matching scene on the inside.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Waterfront, Wood Textures DSP, Stitched Shapes Framelits

Once again - no sentiment! I don't particularly have a purpose for this card yet, so I will wait to stamp something else when I know what Im doing with it.

You can find the rest of the group's blog links over at Catherine's blog again this week. It really is amazing how differently we all use the same colour.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. Great beachy scene Tina. Makes me wish it was warm enough for the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love the brayered woodgrain paper, but now I feel like I need a tropical holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tina I actually feel warm looking at your beachy card....love the brayering on the woodgrain paper. Thanks for hopping along in the blog hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the look of the woodgrain paper brayered with colour. So clever! Lovely card, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo I love this card. So bright and summery on such a cold Melbourne day,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Tina you are just way too creative, I love it! I love the brayering on the woodgrain paper it looks so good! Such a lovely card and makes me want to go to the beach right now and get away from cold Melbourne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This could be the card that put me over the edge to order Waterfront, Tina. So fresh & makes me so want to be on a beautiful beach somewhere. Love it!
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Tina, makes me want to book a holiday to somewhere tropical. Stamping on the Wood Textures DSP is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Tina. It's a perfect combination of colours for that "beachy feel."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.