Pages

Thursday 21 June 2018

JAI #414: Just Add A Window

Hi!


Whoops! I'm running a bit late with my Just Add Ink post today! This week Nikki has challenged us to add a window or a frame to our cards.


I wasn't sure which one I wanted to do, so I just added both!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Fabulous Flamingo, Tropical Thinlits, Tropical Escape DSP

I recently received the new Tropical Thinlits and the coordinating Tropical Escape DSP. Quite conveniently for this challenge, the thinlit set has a window die that I was very eager to use. I cut the window into my Granny Apple Green front panel, and then used some Blushing Bride with my Layering Squares Thinlits to cut a narrow frame to go around it. The colours really pop with the Shaded Spruce card base peeking out. I tried Whisper White, but it didn't pop in quite the same way.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Fabulous Flamingo, Tropical Thinlits, Tropical Escape DSP

I didn't buy the Tropical Chic stamp set to match the dies and DSP, and I'm sort of regretting that now! Instead I used the flamingo from Fabulous Flamingo, stamped in Early Espresso, Berry Burst (stamped off) and Blushing Bride.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Fabulous Flamingo, Tropical Thinlits, Tropical Escape DSP

The hibiscus flowers on the front and inside were fussy cut from the DSP. I had hoped that they could be cut by the die, but they are a bit smaller. Looks like that stamp set will be on my next order - you'd think I'd know this by now, always get the bundle!

The Design Team have had a fun time with Nikki's challenge. You can see their cards over at the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,

    Oh lala - Flamingos are always fun, your card makes them elegant too! Wonderful inspiration for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have added both elements, Tina. And your creation is so lovely! Perfectly matched Fabulous Flamingo + the Tropical DSP & Thinlits make for a wonderful Birthday card. D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card ….love the colors and the flamingo ...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.