Pages

Monday 4 September 2023

Heart Of Christmas Week 5

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me again for another Heart Of Christmas blog hop. Did you miss me last week? The concert band I play in competed in the State Band Championships last Sunday, and I was so absorbed in preparing for that, that I forgot to join in with the hop. Oops! This week I'm back and raring to go!

scissorspapercard, Heart Of Christmas, Stampin' Up! Love, Santa Tag Kit, Merry Melody 3DEF, Christmas Card

Today's card features the fourth (and final) tag in the Love, Santa Kit. I've been avoiding this one, as I wasn't sure what to do with it. I ended up making it as directed by the kit, and then popping it up over some Merry Melody 3DEF embossed Poppy Parade cardstock.

scissorspapercard, Heart Of Christmas, Stampin' Up! Love, Santa Tag Kit, Merry Melody 3DEF, Christmas Card

It looked a bit too plain when I laid the tag straight on the card, so I tilted it for a bit of added interest. I very carefully peeled off the sentiment panel, and was able to stick it down again to make it straight on the card. 

scissorspapercard, Heart Of Christmas, Stampin' Up! Love, Santa Tag Kit, Merry Melody 3DEF, Christmas Card

The green in the kit is Just Jade, which has retired, but Lost Lagoon was a reasonable substitute. This is especially the case on the inside of the card, where it can't be directly compared to the front.

Keep hopping your way around the blogs, as there's lots more Christmassy inspiration to be seen. The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Kate Morgan.


As always, the wonderful Sharon Davern is hosting our blog hop. If you run into any issues, just jump on over to her blog, where you'll find a list of all of tonight's hoppers to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Wow - how good does the Poppy Parade background look, and embossed with Merry Melody? I wouldn't have thought to emboss that coloured card with music notes, but it is striking. Nice choices, Tina. Your card came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, you sure have made the most of this Tag kit. I love the embossed music in the background and the tag on the angle is a great idea. I love the inside with the simple sentiment and foliage/berries in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another bright & happy card Tina. The embossed poppy parade panel is a perfect background for your tag. Lost Lagoon looks great inside the card for sentiment and pine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tag looks fabulous with the bright pop of colour in the background, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card to feature the tags Tina. I think tilting it and popping it onto the embossed Poppy Parade is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, I love seeing what you've done with each tag in the Love, Santa Kit. This is definitely the hardest one to use, however it looks great on top of the Merry Melody 3DEF embossed Poppy Parade cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina your gift tag card with the Poppy Parade embossed mat is a great choice to complement the tag elements. Angling the tag was a great move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tina I have loved your series of cards featuring the large tags. I particularly like the way you have paired this tag with the musical embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.