Pages

Wednesday 6 September 2023

Colour Creations: Crumb Cake

 Hi!


Welcome to Cajun Craze week of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. Hahahaha, are you confused? It's actually Crumb Cake week, but my card started looking like it should have been made for Cajun Craze week instead. I had to do some fancy work to get it looking more Crumb Cake and less Cajun Craze!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Legendary Ride Bundle, Timeless Greetings Kit, Masculine Card

I started out using some bits and pieces from my Timeless Greetings Kit. I'd made a card using bits in the past, which left me with the angular black piece on the left of my card. I also had the speckled Crumb Cake piece. I didn't want to layer it over more Crumb Cake, so I used a Cajun Craze card base. As I started layering, I realised I'd gone too far over to Cajun Craze territory. Luckily, the Crumb Cake strips brought it right back into more acceptable levels of Crumb Cake.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Legendary Ride Bundle, Timeless Greetings Kit, Masculine Card

These motorbike dies are so much fun! I used Basic Black, Basic Grey, Cajun Craze and Silver Foil for the layers. I hoped that the speckled paper made it look like it was driving out in the desert, maybe?

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Legendary Ride Bundle, Timeless Greetings Kit, Masculine Card

I had a narrow strip of the speckled paper left for the inside. Because it was too short to go the whole way across the card panel, I cut the end at an angle. Hopefully it doesn't look like the bike is about to go off the edge of a cliff!

You're now heading off to see what my wonderful friend, Rachel Palmieri has created. I can't wait!


If you get stuck with links, please pop on over to the fabulous Cathy Proctor's blog. She'll have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Oh Tina, you gave me a heart attack! I seriously thought i've got the colour wrong for this week! I love Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake together - this is such a great, graphic masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Tina, the stars and stripes look great behind the motorbike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I LOVE that speckled Crumb Cake panel behind the motorbike, Tina! Yes, I think it evokes the image of riding a motorbike in the desert. The angled cardstock strips, and metalplate panel, make for a fab background. This is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you got me, I was about to report you, LOL. I love the striped background and the black metal tread paper, and who doesn't love a motorbike?! The speckled Crumb Cake card is perfect. A fantastic masculine card, Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're very clever Tina utilising the leftovers from the kit to create something entirely different for our Crumb Cake hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes the speckle paper does conjure up visions of riding in the dessert Tina. You continue to amaze us with your inventiveness using the bits and pieces of the kits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.