Pages

Sunday 26 June 2022

CTC 375: CASE Your Favourite Retiring Product

 Hi!


It's always a but of a sad day when the retiring list comes out at the end of a catalogue. There'e nearly always something on the list that I'm sad to say goodbye to. This week at CASEing The Catty, we are asking to to give your Favourite Retiring Product one last hurrah.


For me, it's hands down the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks. They will certainly be finding a permanent home in my stash.


I chose to CASE the butterfly card for a few reasons. I hadn't yet used the butterflies masks, so that had to be rectified! I liked that the butterfly was inked over DSP, and the little peeps of zig-zag trim at the top and bottom of the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks,  Label Me Bold, Heart & Home DSP

I hadn't yet used my Heart & Home DSP yet, so it was well past time to cut into it! I'm a blue girl, so this piece caught my eye. I cropped the square from the DSP and flipped it over to use as the base for my butterfly. Instead of zig-zags, I layered it over a scalloped square die cut.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks,  Label Me Bold, Heart & Home DSP

I thought that the woodgrain in the DSP sort of mimics the strips of DSP in the original card. The solid layer of the butterfly was inked using Fresh Freesia ink, with the detailed layer in Misty Moonlight. You can't really see in the photo, but the centre of the butterfly got a swish of Wink Of Stella.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks,  Label Me Bold, Heart & Home DSP

I inked the exact same butterfly on the inside of my card. Sadly, this time the Wink Of Stella smudged into the Fresh Freesia ink. I may have to hide it with a die cut butterfly over the top!

What's your favourite retiring product? There's a lot to choose from! I hope that you can make a card and enter our challenge. You just need to post a photo in our Facebook group before next Sunday's blog hop.


Our Blog Hop continues tonight, with the next stop along the way. I wonder what Rebecca Scurr's favourite retiring product will be? Only one way to find out!


Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. I love that you’ve showcased these gorgeous masks. Wonderful card and the butterfly on the wood grain looks marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Strazds26 June 2022 at 19:21

    I also love these masks and hadn’t used all of them either. I love the colours you chose for the butterfly and it works so well on the DSP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the masking on DSP looks fabulous. Love the soft butterfly slightly turned in it's box against the bold blue background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.