Pages

Sunday 12 June 2022

CTC 373: CASE An Embossing Project

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Usually, I'd comment on how it's a great way to finish off the weekend, but as it's a long weekend here, there's an extra day to go. Woo hoo!


This week we are asking to to CASE an Embossing Project. It can be any type of embossing (wet, dry, paste) from either of the current catalogues. Flipping through the mini, I found this card to CASE. I think it's really eye catching, how the flowers radiate away from a central point.


You may not have even realised that it's an embossed card - I only worked it out because there is a pot of embossing powder and a heat gun in the photo! When I looked closer, I realised that the flowers are heat embossed using white powder on coloured cardstock. I took a slightly different approach because I wanted two colours, not a colour and white.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Rays Of Light, Under My Umbrella, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Wiggly Bugs Dies, Heat Embossing

I started by stamping my new Rays Of Light background stamp onto Whisper White cardstock using Versamark ink. I had an old pot of Pool Party Embossing Powder, so I used that to heat emboss my card. If you don't have coloured powder, you could stamp the image in Pool Party ink and use Clear powder over the top. I then used a Blending Brush to apply So Saffron ink to the embossed card. I added extra ink to the sun and the outer edges to give the sun a bit of a light halo.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Rays Of Light, Under My Umbrella, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Wiggly Bugs Dies, Heat Embossing

I thought that the cloud shapes were a great addition over the top of the sun rays. The smaller ones are from the retired Wiggly Bugs Dies, and the sentiment is from Under My Umbrella, which is also retired.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Rays Of Light, Under My Umbrella, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Wiggly Bugs Dies, Heat Embossing

I used the offcuts from the front of the card to finish off the inside of my card. It makes it look very fancy!

I hope that you find some time to craft over the Long Weekend. We'd love to see you enter our challenge. Just take a photo of your embossing card and upload it to our Facebook Group. It's that easy!


Please continue on your way around our Blog Hop. The next stop tonight is the lovely Monique Fielder. I wonder what she's got in store for you?


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and cheery card. Love that you've used some retired stash as well. The pool party rays look great mixed with the sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Strazds19 June 2022 at 09:17

    Great card! I hadn’t realised the card you cased had been embossed either. Great use of embossing powder

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.