Pages

Sunday 1 May 2022

CTC 367: CASE The New Catalogue Cover

 Hi!


Once again it is time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. It's been a while since I've played along, but I'm back and raring to go!


Stampin' Up! have just released the new Annual Catalogue. we can't yet show you photos from the inside, but we can show you the cover. Therefore, our challenge this week is to CASE the card on the cover, using the following sketch as a guide.


Nice and easy! I like to shake things up a bit, so I rotated the sketch to make a landscape orientation card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, On The Horizon Bundle, Beautiful Moments, Simply Marbleous DSP, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I've had the On The Horizon bundle for a while now, but hadn't really played with it. This card was a good opportunity to change that. I mostly played with the dies, only using the stamp set for the sentiment. The birds are stamped using the Beautiful Moments stamp set.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, On The Horizon Bundle, Beautiful Moments, Simply Marbleous DSP, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I created my scene by blending some Balmy Blue ink onto the top two thirds of the Stitched Shapes circles. The Horizon die cuts were just layered and adhered over the top. Easy! Both circles are the same size - I think that the perspective of the photo makes the one on the right look bigger.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, On The Horizon Bundle, Beautiful Moments, Simply Marbleous DSP, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies

I blended a little more Balmy Blue ink on the inside before adding another tree die cut, and the birds stamped in Misty Moonlight. I didn't add a sentiment to the inside, as it keeps my options open as to how I can use the card. 'Thinking of you' is suitable for a heap of different occasions.

We'd love for you to play along with our challenge. Hopefully the new Annual Catalogue has got you all inspired to create! When you've made your card, just post a photo to our Facebook group - it's that easy!


The next stop in the hop is my friend and fellow South Aussie, Michelle Stradz. I can't wait to see how she's interpreted this fun sketch.


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. I really love this card, a very clever twist on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Strazds1 May 2022 at 22:24

    I love how you’ve flipped the orientation and made the scene go across the circles and the extra strip for the water/mountains. Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.