Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2022

Bron's Birthday Blog Hop - May

 Hi!


I'm once again celebrating Bron Eastley's 60th Birthday with another blog hop. This month we are going back to the 60's for a retro themed hop. I did not make my appearance into this world until the mid-70's, so I had to think hard about what I could make. In the end I turned to the movies, and discovered that a childhood favourite was made in the 60's - 1964, to be exact.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Scrappy Boy Stamps, Altenew, British Nanny, Cloudy Day 3DEF, Tasteful Labels Dies, Copic Markers, Pop Culture Card

The image I used is called British Nanny, from Scrappy Boy Stamps. I got it as a freebie in last year's Kit and Clowder Advent Calendar. I coloured her with my Copics, and then popped her up over my background. I'm not sure about the sentiment yet - I may end up changing it.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Scrappy Boy Stamps, Altenew, British Nanny, Cloudy Day 3DEF, Tasteful Labels Dies, Copic Markers, Pop Culture Card

It was tricky to get a decent photo of the background, but it was the Coastal Cabana Foil from the Blues Foil pack from Stampin' Up!. I embossed it using Altenew's Cloudy Day 3D Embossing Folder. Hopefully it looks like she's floating around in the sky!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Scrappy Boy Stamps, Altenew, British Nanny, Cloudy Day 3DEF, Tasteful Labels Dies, Copic Markers, Pop Culture Card

The retired SU set, Under My Umbrella was a great choice for the inside of my card. No sentiment yet - I'll add something when I make up my mind about the sentiment on the front of the card!

The next stop on your way around Bron's Birthday Blog Hop in May is Monica Formosa. I can't wait to see what she, and the rest of the group, make!


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Stunning colouring Tina! Love your Mary Poppins and yes she definitely looks like she is floating in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Poppins was one of my favourite movies! Hubby and I visited the MP museum in Maryborough, QLD last year. Love your take on the sixties retro theme - so clever and unique. Thanks for joining in with the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Tina! I agree - this is a fav movie, even my daughter loves it. Love your foil background a great touch. Such a cute little Mary Poppins. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Tina! Great colouring and I now have an urge to go and watch this again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is spectacular, and I love the embossed foil background, Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.