Pages

Thursday 27 February 2020

JAI #494: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Thanks for joining me for a new week of Just Add Ink. This week Di has given us a soft, beautiful palette to work with.


Aren't they pretty? They immediately spoke 'baby card' to me, but with no babies on my horizon, and a distinct lack of time this week, I went super quick and simple, and made what could be a masculine card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Bloom and Grow, Music From The Heart, Golden Honey SDSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Stampin' Blends, Masculine Card

I copied the idea of the stripes from another demo, who had used her Stampin' Blends to colour the white stripes on her Golden Honey DSP. She used a rather bold colour combo, but I think this one works well too. I used my Dark Petal Pink and Soft Sea Foam marker, with my Light Smokey Slate. It was very quick and easy to colour each stripe.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Bloom and Grow, Music From The Heart, Golden Honey SDSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Stampin' Blends, Masculine Card

Because I was aiming for a masculine look, I kept the sentiment simple. I loved this big greeting from Bloom and Grow. The non-fussy font filled the Stitched So Sweetly die cut perfectly. To give it a little more oomph, I cut a Stitched Rectangle in Soft Sea Foam and snipped it to just show in the corners of the main shape. A subtle effect, but I quite like it!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Bloom and Grow, Music From The Heart, Golden Honey SDSP, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Stampin' Blends, Masculine Card

The inside is just another scrap of the Golden Honey DSP coloured to match the front. The sentiment comes from Music From The Heart.

The Design Team have created some gorgeous cards this week using these colours, so please do pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see their work. You can also link up your card made using the colours. Where do they take you?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.