Pages

Thursday 27 February 2020

AWH February Blog Hop: Masculine Cards

Hi!



Welcome to another Creative Showcase with the Art With Heart Team. This month we are featuring Masculine themed projects. We have many masculine themed products in the Stampin’ Up! range including Stamp Sets and coordinating Dies, Designer Series Papers, Embellishments and Embossing Folders. The Art With Heart Team have a wonderful selection of projects to inspire you to create Masculine Masterpieces.

I've been wanting to try some no-line colouring with my Stampin' Blends, and this Showcase seemed like a great opportunity to do so. A Good Man was the best stamp set to colour, so that's the set I reached for. Tonight's post is a little photo heavy, but I wanted to show you the main steps.


I started by using my Stamparatus to stamp the image in Blushing Bride, stamped off twice before I stamped on my Thick Whisper White cardstock. I forgot to take a photo until I'd coloured the skin ares with Ivory and the hair and shoes with Soft Suede.


Here they are all finished! I used Night Of Navy for the jeans, Highland Heather for the pants, Mango Melody for his shirt, and Mint Macaron for her's. Her hair was Crumb Cake. Each area was outlined with the dark Blend and then coloured/blended with the light Blend. I also went over the shading lines in the stamped image with the dark Blend. It helped to have the stamp beside me to refer back to.


The next step was to think about the background and to draw some light pencil lines. I decided I wanted them to be on a path through a field of wild flowers. So sorry for the dodgy photos - they were taken on my phone at night, so not the best photography conditions!


I coloured the path using my Crumb Cake combo. I drew over the pencil line with the dark blend, and then used the light blend, colouring in a circular motion, to pull the colour into the rest of the path shape. I then used the dark blend to create the shadow. The grass was coloured using my Granny Apple Green Blends in a similar manner - dark along the edge, and then circular motion with the light to colour the rest.


The man and girl needed something to be gazing at, so I used some balloons from Above The Clouds. I think they work well. They were coloured using Poppy Parade, Night Of Navy, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Highland Heather and Soft Suede. The sky was coloured din Balmy Blue in the same was as the path and grass.

At this stage, I got a bit of stage fright, and left the card until late the next day. I knew the next step was critical, and I was so frightened that I'd mess it up and ruin the whole card.


It was the wildflowers that I was scared of messing up, but once I got the courage to do it, I was thrilled with the outcome. I started at the bottom of the grass area and, using a flicking motion with the bullet nib of my dark Mossy Meadow Blend, I drew a heap of lines, designed to look like clumps go longer grass. As I got further up the card, I switched to my dark Old Olive Blend, and then my light Mossy Meadow, and finally the light Old Olive. I faded them out to the top of the grass section on the right, but mid way on the left section. I wanted them to blur out, like they would on a real landscape.

To create the flowers, I just added dots of colour using my dark Night Of Navy, Highland Heather, Mango Melody and Poppy Parade Blends. I made the dots larger at the bottom of the card, and they get smaller as they move towards the top of the card. You can also see that I added some pebbles on the path using the bullet tip of my dark Crumb Cake Blend.


Here's the finished card, finally! I hope it was worth the wait! I didn't want to cover too much of the front, so I just used a short sentiment and the Classic Label punch. I love the way the variation in the sky looks a little like a storm is coming in.


To create the inside, I just stamped the main image again, but in Mossy Meadow. It was still on the Stamparatus, so it lines up with the same image on the front! I decided to stamp the more generic 'it's your day' on the inside, so that I can use this for either a birthday or even Father's Day.

Thanks for sticking with me to the end, now you're off to see what the wonderful Vicki Boucher       has created.



Bye for now,

Tina

If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:

8 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow Tina...what an incredible card. So worth the wait and fantastic to see all the steps in doing this style of no line colouring. You've absolutely nailed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Tina this is just gorgeous! It is simply beautiful! I think you have absolutely nailed it and I think you did the wildflowers superbly as well so there was nothing to fear with those either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speechless.... this is the best card I have seen using this technique and stamp set. You have done an absolutely astounding job, congrats. Whoever receives this card, better frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina your card is an absolute masterpiece. I am in awe of your colouring ability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card Tina. You are so talented in your colouring and the way you tackled the no-line colouring is great. Love the step by step photos and seeing your picture develop. your wildflowers are fantastic. So love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great card. I love the step by steps to show the stages along the way. You must have had heart palpitations doing that last bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing - it looks just like a watercolour painting on a card! A masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Tina. What an absolutely, amazingly beautiful card! It is positively stunning. Such a beautiful example of no-line colouring. You nailed it girl! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.