Pages

Sunday 2 February 2020

CTC #262 Week 1: CASE The Koala Card Sketch

Hi!


After two weeks of CASEing the Sale-A-Bration catalogue, the CASEing The Catty Crew have a new challenge for you. This fortnight we are CASEing the layout of this cute Birthday Bonanza card from page 34 of the January-July Mini Catalogue. Did you buzz on over from Peta's blog? Keep on buzzing through my post!


To make things nice and easy for you, the lovely Siobhan has simplified the card into this sketch.


I decided to flip the sketch onto it's side, and use my Nested Stitched Dies instead of the rectangles in the sketch.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Sending You Thoughts, Golden Honey SDSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Sale-A-Bration

The hexalong shapes made me think of bees, so it was a natural jump to pull out my Golden Honey DSP. The bees were fussy cut from one of the sheets and then popped up on each of the hexalongs.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Sending You Thoughts, Golden Honey SDSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Sale-A-Bration

I used my retired (sob!) Golden Glitz Delicata ink to stamp the birthday sentiment from Label Me Bold. A few black sequins filled in the empty space on the hexalongs. It's s nice, subtle way to fill the space.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Label Me Bold, Sending You Thoughts, Golden Honey SDSP, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Sale-A-Bration

I couldn't bear to waste this large bee that was on the edge of the DSP, and therefore not a whole bee. Now he can fly again on the inside of my card, LOL.

Don't forget that this week is Week One of the new challenge, which means you have two weeks to make your card and get it posted into our Facebook Group.


Michelle was feeling a bit tropical this week - it must have been the heat! Anyway, pop on over to her blog next to see her fab card.


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. I love how you haven't wasted the bee on the inside! I love the hexaglong shapes on that fabulous DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Tina!!! Just beautiful- inside and out. I feel I may need to CASE you! Love everything about this card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boldness of the black, white and gold with the cute bees and nested dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CASE Tina, the Nested Stitched Dies really work well with the hexagon DSP and bees. I love the non-whole bee on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect use of half a bee!! Perfect card. Brilliant way to use the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.