Pages

Thursday 24 October 2019

JAI #480: Just Add A Technique

Hi!


It's Friday, which means it's time for the new Just Add Ink challenge. Yay! This week Jan has set the challenge, which is to add a technique.


Sometimes I'm very glad that Kim does our schedule months ahead, so that I have time to think about what I'd like to do. There are so many fun techniques out there, that it can be difficult to narrow it down to just one. In the end I decided to use my Stamparatus to do some mirror stamping.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Born To Shine, Brightly Gleaming SDSP, Stamparatus, Mirror Stamping, Watercolour Pencils

Born To Shine was still fresh in my mind, as I made a card with it last week. I decided that the dancer was the prefect stamp to use for the technique. There are lots of tutorials on the internet, but here's a *very* basic outline: to get the mirror image, you position the stamp on your Stamparatus and then stamp the image onto a silicone sheet or window sheet. Place your cardstock face down over the silicone sheet and press down with the stamp on the Stamparatus. You will end up with an image on both sides of the card, that is normal. Your then remove the silicone sheet, flip the cardstock, and stamp again (after reinking the stamp, of course!)

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Born To Shine, Brightly Gleaming SDSP, Stamparatus, Mirror Stamping, Watercolour Pencils

You may be able to see that the right dancer isn't quite as crisp as the left - she's the mirror dancer. It's a very minor difference though. The dancers were both coloured with my Watercolour Pencils in Night Of Navy, Flirty Flamingo and Cajun Craze, using my Wink Of Stella brush to blend the colours.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Born To Shine, Brightly Gleaming SDSP, Stamparatus, Mirror Stamping, Watercolour Pencils

I stamped the dancer again on the inside, using Night Of Navy that I'd stamped off once. I used this star DSP with copper highlights, from the Brightly Gleaming SDSP pack, as I think it's great for dance cards, despite being Christmas DSP. What do you think?

That's it from me for this week, but your turn is just starting! Check out the Just Add Ink blog for the rest of the techniques that the Design Team have used, and then get stamping! Upload your card into our gallery before Wednesday evening, when the challenge closes. See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.