Pages

Sunday 27 October 2019

CTC #252: CASE A Layout

Hi!


Gee, these weeks are flying past! Once again, it is Sunday night, which makes it time for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. The blog before mine was Sandra's,and mine is officially last on the list, but we are all linked in a circle, so just keep hopping until you get back to where you started.


This week we are CASEing a layout from page 52 of the Holiday Catalogue. It's tricky this week, as there aren't any cards to directly CASE - you have to think a little more!


My eye was caught this week by the box at the top of the image above. I liked how the leaves peeked out from under the layers above. I took basically the same design, I just made it bigger for a card front.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pine Tree Punch, Stitched Labels Dies, Christmas, Regals DSP, Greatest Part Of Christmas

While I do own the Ornate Frames dies, they weren't quite the right size of shape for my card. I used a Stitched Label instead, and added a Pine Tree punched shape to the front. Instead of leaves peeking out, I cut strips of the Shaded Spruce and Gold ribbon instead.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pine Tree Punch, Stitched Labels Dies, Christmas, Regals DSP, Greatest Part Of Christmas

The Gold Foil label is a great base for the Shaded Spruce tree, cropped from some retired Regals DSP. The wooden star I topped the tree with was from my stash. I pushed it onto my Cherry Cobbler ink pad to colour it before glueing it to the foil.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pine Tree Punch, Stitched Labels Dies, Christmas, Regals DSP, Greatest Part Of Christmas

I used another strip of the Cherry Cobbler DSP from the front on the inside with another of the punched trees. I really love that punch for Christmas cards! The sentiment is from the Hostess set, Greatest Part Of Christmas. It's such a pretty font and sentiment.

That's all from me this week, don't forget our Facebook group, where you can join in the challenges each week, not blog or fancy editing necessary!


If you haven't finished the hop though, please do jump back to the offical start, which is the lovely Peta's blog.


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. Such a bright, fun Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree on the Stitched label - looks amazing. I think this punch is absolutely one of my new favourites! So easy and fun and look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Tina, the strips of ribbon look really effective

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Tina. I also love the stitched label with the tree, as well as the striped background 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sparkly card. I love your case of this tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.