Pages

Sunday 20 October 2019

CTC #251: Brightly Gleaming

Hi!


Hello, and welcome to the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. Are you starting here, or have you come from Lauren's blog? It doesn't really matter, as we are all linked in a circle.

This week we are looking at the gorgeous Brightly Gleaming Suite, but particularly the Brightly Gleaming SDSP. It's stunning DSP, which features fabulous copper highlights with the rich colours of the paper.


As part of the challenge, we not only have to CASE the SDSP, but also a layout from page 30, which is the page pictured above. I had about 3 minutes to make my card, as my daughter had dance competitions over the weekend. I ended up going with the card at the top right of the page.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Born To Shine, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Woven Threads DSP, Copper Foil, Stampin' Blends

Instead of using the Brightly Gleaming DSP, I chose a more subtle paper from the Woven Threads pack. It's still Pretty Peacock, but it ins't a Christmas pattern. I wanted to make a card for my daughter to let her know how proud we were of her dancing in the competition.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Born To Shine, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Woven Threads DSP, Copper Foil, Stampin' Blends

I coloured the dancer using my Blends. I selected Light Pool Party and Light Pretty Peacock for her dress, Ivory for her skin, and the Soft Suede pair for her hair and the shadow under her feet. Ada danced in a similar coloured costume, so that worked nicely for my card! Although her costume had *way* more sequins than my card!

As a different feature, I decided to inset the rectangles in the design rather than layer them on top. I used my Rectangle Stitched dies to crop the opening in the DSP and then to crop a frame in the Copper Foil paper. The whole piece was then popped up over the card base.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Born To Shine, Rectangle Stitched Dies, Woven Threads DSP, Copper Foil, Stampin' Blends

To finish the inside I stamped the same dancer, but this time I stamped her off so that the Pretty Peacock was a lighter shade.  Ada is forever twirling around the house like this, so it really reminds me of her!

In case you were wondering, her troupe received Highly Commended awards for their Jazz, Tap and Contemporary routines.

That's it for me, but just the start for you! The challenge runs for the next week, and you can upload your card in our Facebook group. Which of the cards will you choose to CASE using the Brightly Gleaming Suite as inspiration?


I'm the last stop on the Blog Hop this week, but if you didn't start at the beginning, you should continue hopping to see the gorgeous cards the DT have created this week. just keep going until you get back to where you started. Siobhan was the starting point this week.


Bye for now,

Tina

5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear of Ada's success over the weekend. Congratulations Ada. This card is gorgeous, for the pure simplicity and white space. Now, will my 6 year-old grand-daughter keep dancing? Will I need to add this stamp to my ever-growing collection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Tina, your colouring is amazing. I love that you've popped up the Copper Frame, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and simple and elegant and awesome. Love the colouring and I love the images and words. What a brilliant case of the original - love the different choice of DSP too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The copper frame really sets off the beautiful dancer!! A gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this choice of DSP for not distracting from the dancer. Love seeing this stamp used because I really haven't seen it much at all and I think its gorgeous - how perfect for you to have on hand when your daughter is a dancer. A very beautiful card and a fantastic CASE. :) Siobhan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.