Pages

Thursday 17 October 2019

JAI #479: Just Add Colour

Hi!


Hooray, it's Friday, so it's time for the newJust Add Ink challenge. This week Jackie has given us an unusual colour combination to work with.


I say unusual, because I wouldn't usually pair those shades of blue and green. I'm happy to say though, that they work together nicely!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Bloom and Grow, Sweet Sentiments Builder, Pinewood Planks EF, Follow Your Art DSP

I decided to focus mostly on Coastal Cabana, with just a few Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White highlights. I started by heat embossing the sprays from Bloom and Grow using Copper Embossing Powder. I bent the stamp a little before I stamped so that it would fit around the oval better. It's very hard to see, but there is a vellum oval, dry embossed with the Pinewood Planks folder under the flowers and sentiment! The flowers were then watercoloured. I started with the middle flower, and worked my way out, diluting the ink more for each flower.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Bloom and Grow, Sweet Sentiments Builder, Pinewood Planks EF, Follow Your Art DSP

The sentiment is from Uniquely Creative, and it's called Sweet Sentiments Builder. I love that some of the words in the set have matching dies - it makes my life a little easier! I layered everything onto a base of Coastal Cabana DSP from the Follow Your Art pack. I wanted something with a bit of variation in the colour, not just a flat piece of blue.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Uniquely Creative, Just Add Ink, Bloom and Grow, Sweet Sentiments Builder, Pinewood Planks EF, Follow Your Art DSP

The inside was stamped and coloured the same way as the front. I often use Shimmery White cardstock when I am watercolouring, as it's more cost effective than watercolour paper and it handles the water very well.

That's it for me - why not pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you can see the rest of the Design Team cards and link up your own for the challenge. I think you'll like this colour combo!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.