Pages

Sunday 13 October 2019

CTC #250: CASE A Layout

Hi!


Welcome to the CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop! Have you arrived here from Rebecca's blog, or are you just starting here? Either way is totally OK, just keep on hopping until you get back to where you started.


This week Rebecca has selected a page from the Holiday Catalogue for us to CASE a layout. You can choose any of the cards and make another based on the design of the card. Which one catches your eye?


The feathery Pretty Peacock card at the bottom right of the page caught my eye. I nearly pulled out my Friends Of A Feather Paper Pumpkin kit, but then I remembered that there was some DSP in the Bird Ballad DSP that had a similar look as the DSP on the catalogue card, with a white design on a coloured background.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hugs From Shelli, Magnolia Blooms, Varied Vases, Bird Ballad DSP, Paper Pumpkin, Watercolour Pencils

So in the end I did use a Paper Pumpkin kit, but it was the Hug From Shelli kit. I stamped the sprig of flowers around my Pretty Peacock card base in matching ink, and then a few in Memento to pop under the label. These I coloured with my Watercolour Pencils and Wink Of Stella.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hugs From Shelli, Magnolia Blooms, Varied Vases, Bird Ballad DSP, Paper Pumpkin, Watercolour Pencils

The label was also from the PP kit, and it was stamped with the Happy Birthday from Magnolia Blooms. I layered some of the twine from the PP kit under the label as a nod to the original card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Hugs From Shelli, Magnolia Blooms, Varied Vases, Bird Ballad DSP, Paper Pumpkin, Watercolour Pencils

I had a few extra coloured sprigs, so they went on the inside. Such an abundance of flowers, I love it!

That's it from me, so it's nearly time to hop on over to the next blog. Don't forget to check out our Facebook group, where you can see everyone's cards for the weekly challenges and add your own. You don't need a blog or fancy equipment, just snap a nice picture of your card and add it to the group. Too easy!


Don't forget to complete the hop first though! Next you're off to see what the wonderful Shannon has created.


Bye for now,

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card and I love how you finished off the card with the flowers inside also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these sweet sprigs of flowers. And your case is just wonderful. Love these colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Tina. The blues work so well together and the little sprays of flowers on the outside and inside are gorgeous. I love where the original design took you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.