Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Some Last Goodbyes

Hi!

One last double post with cards made with retiring products!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sharing Sweet Thoughts, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Polka Dot Basics TIEF, Naturally Eclectic DSP

My first card today is a CASE of this card by Karina Chin. There are a few differences - I used a different colour card base and top panel, and I left off the scalloped circle layer. I also placed my sentiment in a different spot. I also used a greater range of colours from the Naturally Eclectic DSP to colour my butterflies.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sharing Sweet Thoughts, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Polka Dot Basics TIEF, Naturally Eclectic DSP

I love how the butterflies looks if they are in motion - they really give life to the card. Fussy cutting and popping some of them up on Dimensionals really adds to the look.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Sharing Sweet Thoughts, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Polka Dot Basics TIEF, Naturally Eclectic DSP

Can you see that I stamped them again on the inside, in Soft Sky ink so that they are a lovely, subtle background for the sentiment?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Better Together, Beautiful Bouquet, Petal Garden DSP, Blends

My second card is also a CASE, this time it's one of the cards in this post by Kate Morgan. I changed the proportions of the Petal Garden DSP pieces a little, used a different ribbon and made my sentiment panel a little fancier. Oh, and I used a different base card colour.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Better Together, Beautiful Bouquet, Petal Garden DSP, Blends

The flower is from the Better Together stamp set. Would you believe it's the only rose stamp I own? I coloured it with my Calypso Coral and Old Olive Blends. Did you know that the Doilies are retiring? They are being replaced by a gorgeous pearlised doily, which is so pretty!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Better Together, Beautiful Bouquet, Petal Garden DSP, Blends

I used a couple of off cuts to finish off the inside. The DSP comes in a 6x6 inch stack, so I seem to end up with lots of little strips of DSP. The best way to use them is on the inside!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.