Pages

Monday 21 May 2018

A Belated Farewell to Springtime Foils

Hi!

Today I have tow very different cards for you that feature the gorgeous Springtime Foils SDSP from the recent Sale-A-Bration promotion. I took a little longer than everyone else falling in love with these papers, so I didn't really use them much until they'd already retired.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Springtime Foils SDSP, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Happy Birthday Gorgeous

This first card I made as a class sample to demonstrate the technique that was all the rage earlier this year. I can't recall what it was called, but you basically cut a slot in the front of the card so that the butterfly (which was adhered to the inside of the card) could pop through the slot. I teamed the Foils DSO with Berry Burst and some plain Gold Foil. Such a luxe combo!

After the class, I remade this card and gave it to my mum for her recent milestone birthday. I wish I'd taken a photo before I mailed it! I added a half circle under the 'celebrate' punchie and added the appropriate numbers. I won't reveal her age, but she looks young for it!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Springtime Foils SDSP, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Happy Birthday Gorgeous

Here's a look at the side of the card so you can see how the butterfly pops through the card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Springtime Foils SDSP, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Happy Birthday Gorgeous

And the inside. I love how the butterfly does most of the work for both the inside and outside of the card!

My second card also uses the Springtime Foils SDSP. Funnily enough, I used the same sheet of paper but got a very different look!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Springtime Foils SDSP, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Beautiful Bouquet, Cookie Cutter Punch

My sister was invited to a wedding and asked me to make a card for her that wasn't 'girly'. She sent me through a pic of the invite, which was black with metallic leaves on it. Straight away I thought of this DSP. I coloured it black by rubbing my Memento ink pad over the paper and then buffing it with some paper towel to remove the ink from the foil part of the design. I repeated this process about 4 times until I was happy with the black. It looked too grey to start with! Just a tip - you can't use a permanent ink like Archival Black for this technique, as it won't buff off of the foil.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Springtime Foils SDSP, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Beautiful Bouquet, Cookie Cutter Punch

I matted the piece on Gold Foil to add some extra luxe to the card. I used Vellum to go under the sentiment so that I didn't lose too much of the gorgeous black foil pattern underneath.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Springtime Foils SDSP, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Beautiful Bouquet, Cookie Cutter Punch

Isn't this sentiment great for a wedding card? I combined two stamps from Beautiful Bouquet and added some tiny gold hearts to help tie in the front of the card. They were punched from the Cookie Cutter punch.

So there you go, two different cards using the gorgeous Springtime Foils DSP. Even though it's retired, I hope I've given you some new inspiration for using it.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.