Pages

Thursday 10 May 2018

JAI #408: Just Add Colour

Hi!


I'm back with the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's a colour combination, designed by Rochelle. It's so pretty and feminine!


Such a gorgeous mix of pinks and greens. I am hosting an ATC swap that features the Ghosting Technique, so I thought that for this card I could do a trial run. I was so pleased with how it turned out!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Ribbon Of Courage, Ghosting Technique

You can see the Ghosting on the green panel. You take a piece of glossy cardstock, stamp on it using Versamark ink and then brayer ink over the top. It's like Emboss Resist without the embossing. I started by using my Sponge Brayer to roll over some Pear Pizzazz Ink and then went over the bottom part with Wild Wasabi ink to get an ombre effect.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Ribbon Of Courage, Ghosting Technique

The heart stamp was stamped over the whole panel, it's just harder to see in the lighter parts. The stamp is from the Ribbon Of Courage stamp set, which I've used on the entire card. It's the perfect stamp set for this card, which I made for a friend who is more than determined to kick cancer's butt. You can see I've coloured the ribbon using the colours in this week's combo. I cheated a little and added some Soft Sky, as it didn't quite look finished leaving it white.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Just Add Ink, Ribbon Of Courage, Ghosting Technique

I also coloured these flowers in Powder Pink, just to help them pop a little.

Well, that's it for me, you can see the rest of the gorgeous cards the Design Team have created over at the Just Add Ink blog, where you can also link up your card.  See you there!

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Tina! Loving the ghosting technique. Might have to give that one a go! Love it! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ombre effect of your 'ghosted' panel. Very pretty. A beautiful card for a friend kicking butt right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that pretty Ombre background Tina and the detailed colouring is really pretty! A perfect card for your friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that pretty Ombre background Tina and the detailed colouring is really pretty! A perfect card for your friend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.