Pages

Thursday 24 May 2018

AWH Blog Hop: In Colours

Hi!


Tonight the Art With Heart team are sharing creative projects featuring an “In Colour” theme. Check out the new 2018 - 2020 In Colours and let's not forget the current 2017 - 2019 In Colours, or the outgoing 2016 - 2018 set. If you would like a copy of the 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue, contact any of the girls on the blog hop and we will get in touch with you.

I decided to do a bit of a colour sampler with the three sets of In Colours and to achieve this, I ended up making 4 cards for tonight's hop. I started by grouping the In Colours by colour rather than by year group.


scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, In Colours

The first card showcases the oranges/corals. From bottom to top the colours are Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove and then Peekaboo Peach. I was inspired to make this card after I saw this card by Kristin Kortonick. I used her idea, but ended up slanting the spread of squares more to the right than she did.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, In Colours

I kept the inside fairly simple, as I was really over cutting tiny squares by the time I got to the inside!

Next, I moved onto the pinks. As I said, I was over cutting squares, so I decided to do something a little different, but still similar, on this card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, In Colours

The colours on this card are, from the bottom, Fresh Fig, Berry Burst, Sweet Sugarplum and Powder Pink. I simply cut strips of cardstock that were 1/2" thick and adhered them to the card base in varying lengths. The first and last strip are just over half the width of the rest - I needed to do this so that I cold have three strips of each colour.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, In Colours

I had some off cuts after finishing the front, so I kept them to using on the inside. Waste not, want not! The card was inspired by a demonstrator called Karen Cate. She shared a card that used thin strips of card as a way of using up her scraps. Unfortunately she doesn't have a blog, so I can't link to her card.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, Fabulous Flamingo, In Colours

Next was the greens! There were five colours in this group (the biggest), so I decided to stamp the colours instead of using cardstock. From bottom to top they are Tranquil Tide, Call Me Clover, Emerald Envy, Lemon Lime Twist and Pineapple Punch. I decided to sneak the Pineapple Punch into this card, as Lemon Lime Twist provides a lovely 'bridge' between green and yellow.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, Fabulous Flamingo, In Colours

I reminded myself the hard way while making this card that it's always best to stamp from lightest colour to darkest. Even when you think your stamp may be clean, maybe it's not quite clean!  Oops.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, In Colours

Last comes the blues. I cheated a little on this card, as there are only two blues in the three groups of In Colours. To make up for it I added an extra two from the list of retiring colours. So from bottom to top I used Blueberry Bushel, Dapper Denim, Marina Mist and Soft Sky.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Sunshine Sayings, Bunch of Blossoms, In Colours

So there you have it, I managed to fit all but one of the 15 In Colours on my cards. Can you think which one I missed? For the life of me, I could not make it 'fit' into any of the colour groups I used on my cards.

Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented, Rebecca.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

Bye for now,

Tina

8 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Tina, I'm especially liking the green palm card, looks so effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really fabulous Tina. A very unique take on the Incolours and a great way to use up our cardstock off cuts too. Thankyou for taking part in the Art With Heart team monthly blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ombre look of the 4 cards. Great idea mixing them all up together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tina, you certainly got busy creating all of these cards. They are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tina, these card are fantastic! What great ideas and so simple. I will have to try them out that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! I love these the first one especially. The colour gradient is so attractive TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such clever cards, Tina and I love how you have done them in the ombré look, rather than the colour families, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.