Pages

Saturday 26 May 2018

Butterfly Basics No Longer

Hi!

I'm squeezing in an extra blog post this week so that I can show you some more cards that use very soon to be retired products. As is usual lately, I have two cards for you today. This pair both use the retiring Butterfly Basics stamp set. There were a lot of shocked people when they realised all of the current butterfly stamps and dies were being retired, me included. After a little thought though, I was OK with it, as it means new stuff, and the new butterfly die is gorgeous! Time for a change!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Painted Harvest, Butterfly Basics, Layering Squares Framelits

On to today's cards! The first card is a CASE of this card by Jenny Hall. I had a request from one of my class ladies to do it in a class, and I was happy to comply. There's not much I changed, apart from locating my main panel a bit higher on the card, and using the sentiment from Butterfly Basics instead of from Painted Harvest.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Painted Harvest, Butterfly Basics, Layering Squares Framelits

Sadly, the Painted Harvest set I used was faulty, so the detail isn't visible in the sunflower petals. Thankfully Stampin' Up! replaced the set with a brand new copy that wasn't faulty.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Painted Harvest, Butterfly Basics, Layering Squares Framelits

I also did a different inside to Jenny's card - it was a great excuse to stamp the sunflower again!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Number Of Years, Butterfly Basics, Layering Circles Framelits, Stamparatus

This second card was also a class card, designed to show my ladies how to do the wreath technique on the Stamparatus. We used the leaves and flowers from the also retiring Number Of Years stamp set. Can you see a new colour on the card? Grapefruit Grove is an early favourite from the batch of new In Colours.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Number Of Years, Butterfly Basics, Layering Circles Framelits, Stamparatus

It's a little easier to see in this photo that I used Soft Sky (retiring) to stamp some scattered dots in the gaps between the leaves. It's a subtle effect, but helps to reduce the stark look of the blank space.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Number Of Years, Butterfly Basics, Layering Circles Framelits, Stamparatus
 I really love the mix of fonts in the Butterfly Basics sentiments, especially the script font. It's so deliciously like old fashioned hand writing.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.