Pages

Thursday 2 May 2024

JAI 700: Just Add Shimmer Or Shine

 Hi!


Wow! Can you believe that Just Add Ink is celebrating its 700th challenge! How exciting! Fittingly, Rochelle has challenged us to add Shimmer or Shine to our cards. What fun!


I sent a day thinking about what stamps I had to fit this challenge, and finally settled on this awesome stamp from Ink Road Stamps, Expecto Stampo Vol 2.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Ink Road Stamps Expecto Stampo Vol 2

I started by using my Stamparatus to stamp the image onto Whisper White card using Memento ink. Luckily that I did use the Stamparatus, as I needed to ink the stamp a few times to get a solid impression. I hadn't yet used the stamp, and I mustn't have cleaned it properly first. I then masked it off and inked around it using blending brushes and Daffodil Delight, Blueberry Bushel and Night Of Navy Inks. I left a little white halo around the lantern.

scissorspapercard, Just Add Ink, Ink Road Stamps Expecto Stampo Vol 2

I cropped the panel with a Stitched rectangles die and then spritzed it with an Isocol and Champagne Shimmer Paint mix. You can see a few flecks of the shimmer in the photo, but IRL it's so much more! The mask was removed and the lamp was coloured with a metallic gold pen. The flame was coloured with a dark Daffodil Delight Blend, and the banner was coloured with my Pool Party Blends.

So there you have my shining lantern on a shimmery card! What will you make for the challenge? Will you shimmer, shine, or both? We'd love to see! Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll see what the Design team have made for the challenge. You'll also find our Linky to add your card to.

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.