Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Colour Creations: Petunia Pop

 Hi!


Welcome to week two of the new Colour Creations Blog Hop series. We are starting with the new In Colours, and this week it's Petunia Pop's turn to shine. I can't decide if it's purple or pink - I think that the answer would depend on which colours you put with it.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Simply Said, Paper Butterfly Accents, Unbounded Beauty DSP

I saw a gorgeous card by Connie Babbert of Inkspired Treasures that I decided to CASE. She used a black die cut floral sprig over a Petunia Pink and Whisper White base that I adored. I don't have the dies she used, so I chose to use a paper butterfly instead.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Simply Said, Paper Butterfly Accents, Unbounded Beauty DSP

I coloured the butterfly with my Dark Basic Black Stampin' Blend, giving it several coats to get a good, black colour. It's popped up using Black Mini Dimensionals.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Simply Said, Paper Butterfly Accents, Unbounded Beauty DSP

I added a smaller butterfly, also coloured, to the inside over the top of some Petunia Pop ink that I applied with a Blending Brush. A little bit of that ink goes a looooong way! The sentiments that I used on my card are from a new stamp set, called Simply Said. I'm going to get a LOT of use out of that stamp set, I think!

The next stop on tonight's Blog Hop is my lovely friend, Rachel Palmieri. I can't wait to see what she's made tonight.

As ever, the spectacular Cathy Proctor keeps us all organised, so if you have any problems with broken links, just pop on over to her blog. You'll find a list of all tonight's participants there to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

PS. I still can't decide if it's pink or purple! What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. The black butterflies look fab, Tina - beautifully dramatic! I love that stamp set, too, and am looking forward to receiving it soon. I think it will be a great go-to sentiment set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the drama of the black butterfly over Petunia Pop. Gorgeous inside and out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa Gerrard9 May 2024 at 11:04

    Such a pretty card Tina and the butterfly looks fab in the black. I am eagerly awaiting that sentiment stamp set too as I can see it being my go to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black butterfly is very eye catching over Petunia Pop, and the little one inside is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Tina, I love the drama of the black butterfly sitting on your ombre background. The way you've decorated the inside of your card with another butterfly and more blending looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Tina. Love the blended background behind the dark silhouette of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh look at that mazing black butterfly, so striking atop the Petunia Pop background. The blending in the corner inside is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterfly inside on the blended corner is the perfect finishing touch. I think the colour is purple (maybe)... ha ha, it's a great lipstick colour for some but not for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.