Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2024

Colour Creations: Summer Splash

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. I've missed the last couple of hops, as I was miserably ill with COVID. I'm not 100% yet, but well enough to make a card for this week's Summer Splash hop. I quite like the blue/green colour, and I think it has a very apt name!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Watercolour World, Simply Said, Unbounded Beauty DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

I had Watercolour World sitting on my desk, so I decided to play with it this week. I used my Stamparatus to stamp it onto the DSP from the Unbounded Beauty pack. I actually stamped it twice, so the map shows up quite a bit darker than the Summer Splash DSP underneath.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Watercolour World, Simply Said, Unbounded Beauty DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

I took longer to work out how to add a sentiment! I don't like covering lots of the map, so this small sentiment from Simply Said, cropped with a Nested Essentials Dies, was just the ticket.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Watercolour World, Simply Said, Unbounded Beauty DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

I used a scrap of the DSP and another Simply Said sentiment to finish off the card. 

The next stop on tonight's hop is the lovely Rosa Leyden. I can't wait to see what she, and everyone else, has made this week!


If you run into any problems with links, please jump on over to the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

11 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard29 May 2024 at 19:47

    Lovely ca4 Tina, great idea to use the DSP as the background for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed to make a card with your desk situation. The stamping on the DSP for the entire background is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Tina. Summer Splash was perfect with the stamping of the world onto the DSP and double stamping was perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This monochrome card is delightful, Tina! The world map looks amazing stamped onto the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard30 May 2024 at 12:06

    Ah good idea to stamp the world onto the DSP. It's very effective. Hope you are starting to improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of stamping directly onto the DSP twice for a darker shade. This is the perfect stamp for this tone on tone look. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina I love the World map stamped onto the DSP - very effective. And perfect positioning if the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of stamping directly onto DSP, and I love your choice of paper for this card, Tina - what an awesome background for the stamped World Map. I hope you feel well soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer splash looks is perfect stamped onto the DSP which gives the impression of the ocean. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are on the mend, Tina. Great tone on tone card and always interesting to see a colour double strength.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hardly ever think to stamp directly on to DSP Tina. Thanks for the reminder. Your card is wonderful. I love the monochromatic colour palette. I hope you fell better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.