Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Colour Creations: Smoky Slate

 Hi!



Welcome to this week's edition of the Colour Creation Blog Hop. This week it's Smoky Slate's turn to be the hero colour. It's a tricky colour to make the star of the show, as it's usually a soft, background neutral.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Nested Essentials Dies, Stampin' Blends

I decided to play with my Smoky Slate Blends, and the soon-to-retire Vellum Cardstock, and create an alcohol ink panel for my card. I also grabbed my Pool Party and Poppy Parade Blends. Isn't it a gorgeous colour combo?

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Nested Essentials Dies, Stampin' Blends

There are lots of tutorials on the technique - I watched Alisa Tilsner's for a refresh before I began playing. I was very pleased with the effect that I got. A simple Biggest Wish (also retiring - sob!) and Nested Essentials sentiment, and the front was done.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish, Nested Essentials Dies, Stampin' Blends

I usually do an extra panel for the inside, but I forgot today, so I had to make do with a quick swish of the Blends over a scrap of cardstock. It was fun to make!

Pleased keep on going around the blog hop tonight. The next stop is the lovely Rosa Leyden, and I'm sure that she'll have something gorgeous for you to see.


If you run into any problems with links, pop on over to the wonderful Cathy Proctor's blog. She'll have a list of all of tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Rachel Woollard27 March 2024 at 19:45

    Wow! What a funky card Tina, Pool Party and Poppy Parade look great with Smoky Slate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand your grief at your favourite sentiment stamp retiring Tina. Nice to see you revive this great technique with alcohol and some lovely colour partners for Smoky Slate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful colour combination, Tina. I love how you created the strip for the inside of the card ... very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina I love your colour choices and you’ve nailed the alcohol/blends/vellum technique. Love the strip of colour inside your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these ink colours blended on the vellum, so beautiful with the pop of red! I love the strip on the inside panel too. I thought of you when I saw the Biggest Wish stamp set retiring :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tina - I adore your colour choices with Blends on Vellum. I’m so disappointed Vellum is retiring but am sure something else will take its place in the fullness of time. It is disappointing that the Biggest Wish is retiring but at least the more Christmassy set of greetings is staying. Your card is delightful xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.