Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2023

Colour Creations: Lost Lagoon

 Hi!


Welcome to the latest Colour Creations Blog Hop. It's been a while since I've been able to play along, but Lost Lagoon is one of my favourite ever colours, so I made a huge effort to get a card made this week for the hop.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Timeless Greetings Kit, Hello Irresistible DSP, Pattern Party DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

Having said that, I don't particularly like my card! I think I'm just a bit lot rusty, as I haven't done much card making recently. I decided to use my Timeless Greetings Card Kit stamp set as the feature for the card.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Timeless Greetings Kit, Hello Irresistible DSP, Pattern Party DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

To get the solid circle behind the clock face, I just flipped the stamp and used it like a reversible stamp. I popped a foam mat underneath, just to make sure that it stamped the whole circle cleanly. Then I cleaned it, flipped it back and stamped the clock over the top using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Easy!

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up! Timeless Greetings Kit, Hello Irresistible DSP, Pattern Party DSP, Nested Essentials Dies

The DSP I used was from the Hello, Irresistible pack, plus a black and white scrap that I found on my desk. It's good to use things up so they don't float around on your desk forever!

The next stop in tonight's hop is my lovely friend, Christine Blain.


If you get stuck somewhere along the way, just pop on over to our wonderful Hostess, Cathy Proctor's blog. She's got a list of all tonight's participants to help get you back on track.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Not rusty at all Tina, I love your stylish card. Suits a masculine theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, lose confidence with my crafting when I have a break (even though I have been doing it for over 25 years!). It's like you completely forget what to do, isn't it? I really like how you used the reverse of the clock face stamp to create the Lost Lagoon part of your clock, Tina. Lost Lagoon looks lovely with crisp white, and touches of black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to have you back, Tina, and thank you for the reminder to use the stamps from the kits. This is such a great masculine card and i love the monochromatic colour scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, have you been spying on me? I have lots of those scrappy pieces lying on my desk to use, Hehe. I think this is a great card, especially for a masculine birthday, as they tend not to like too many flowery things! You are clever to flip the stamp over to use the reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad you were able to join us this week. You have been missed lovely lady. I love your layers and the clock face feature. How brilliant to turn the stamp over for the clock background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you keep on using this kit and coming up with new ideas for it. I also like this kit and thank you for the inspiration. what I like most about your card is its classic design and use of scraps from the desk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.