Pages

Sunday 12 March 2023

CTC 410: CASE An Embossing Project

 Hi!


Welcome back to the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop. We enjoy CASEing from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues, and we hope that you do, too.


This week we are asking you to CASE any Embossing Folder project from either of the two current catalogues. There's a lot to choose from! I recently purchased the Legendary Ride bundle, so I went for that section of the mini catalogue first.


Embossing our foil cardstock is a favourite technique of mine, so this card caught my eye straight away. I also loved the layout of the card, and the addition of the feminine flowers to the masculine elements.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Legendary Ride Bundle, Stripes & Splatters 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Favoured Flowers DSP, Dandy Designs DSP

I didn't buy the Metal Plate 3D Embossing folder, so I substituted for the splatter folder in the Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folders set. I think it works, as it looks a bit like oil splatters. I used the darkest silver foil from the Silver Foil Specialty Pack. It has a bit of a purple tint to it, so that dictated the colours of the rest of my card. I used the same foil for the metallic parts of the motorbike.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Legendary Ride Bundle, Stripes & Splatters 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Favoured Flowers DSP, Dandy Designs DSP

Speaking of the motorbike, there's a LOT of layers, but doesn't it look spectacular? It's difficult to see in this photo, but the Blackberry Bliss layer has some embossing on it to represent the engine parts. In fact, quite a few of the dies also emboss different elements of the bike. You can see it on the Fresh Freesia and Silver Foil elements.

scissorspapercard, CASEing The Catty, Stampin' Up!, Legendary Ride Bundle, Stripes & Splatters 3DEF, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Favoured Flowers DSP, Dandy Designs DSP

I stamped one of the motorbikes from the stamp set on the inside, as I'd run out of Adhesive Sheet backed pieces of cardstock. I was too lazy to make up some more to die cut another bike! 

That's all from me for now, but your part in this challenge is just beginning. We'd love for you to play along - all you need to do is make a card that is a CASE of one from either catalogue that uses an embossing folder. Then take a photo and add it to our Facebook group. Easy!


Do make sure that you finish our Blog Hop before you get creating. I'm actually the last stop in the Blog Hop if you started in the Facebook group, but if you joined somewhere along the way, please keep on hopping until you get back to where you started. The next stop is my wonderful friend, Judy May.

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. I love embossing foil too. It looks just brilliant. And combined with the gorgeous blackberry bliss paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Strazds13 March 2023 at 09:31

    The motorbike looks amazing. Love how you added the different coloured elements to it to make it look more real. Great colours, great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.