Pages

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Colour Creations: Sahara Sand

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new Colour Creations Blog Hop. We are on the downhill run now with the colours! This week it's Sahara Sand's turn to shine. It's a tricky colour to describe - sort of a greenish, brownish gray, maybe? Either way, it's a great Neutral.


Brian King used it in a colour combo that makes me think of some Christmas papers that we had a couple of years ago. Lots of plaid and deer! I didn't use it to make a Christmas card - I'm not quite in that headspace yet.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Watercolour World, Timeless Greetings Kit, Stylish Shapes Dies

I had to think very hard about how I could let this colour shine - it's usually a supporting or background colour. By using very small amounts of the other two colours, I think I succeeded in making it the hero colour.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Watercolour World, Timeless Greetings Kit, Stylish Shapes Dies

Watercolour World was the perfect choice for a very neutral coloured card. I paired it with the stamp set from a new kit, Timeless Greetings. The sentiment works perfectly with the globe stamp.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Stampin' Up!, Watercolour World, Timeless Greetings Kit, Stylish Shapes Dies

I used the globe stamp from the kit on the inside of my card. I'm not convinced that it works here - it's maybe a bit too blobby? What do you think?

The next stop in our Blog Hop tonight is my lovely friend, Michele Taylor. She's a huge fan of Sahara Sand, so I can't wait to see what she's made with it.

If you run into any problems with links, please jump on over to Cathy Proctor's blog. As Always, she'll have a list of all of tonight's participants and will help get you back on track. She's a gem!

Bye for now,

Tina

11 comments:

  1. Watercolour World is the perfect stamp set let this colour shine, Tina. I love your restraint with the other colours. You corgeous card has an antique feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of the Watercolour World to ensure Sahara Sand would shine. Touches of Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green work brilliantly. Love your card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard15 March 2023 at 22:20

    You certainty did manage to make Sahara Sand, great choice paring it with Grparden Green and Cherry Cobbler

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Tina, Sahara Sand is so often a supporting colour but you have made it shine beautifully. The Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler breakup the sameness perfectly. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a great colour combo and layers on the front with the watercolour world behind. I really love the inside, I don't think it looks blobby at all, I think it looks great with the sentiment through the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card Tina and I think the colours used also give off a heritage look (not just Christmas) so perfect with this stamp set. Love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combo Tina, great choice. The inside doesn't look blobby at all. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly made Sahara Sand shine Tina. I love your use of layers of the front of the card - and the inside is perfect - not blobby at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing how you worked with this colour Tina and the layout is, to my mind, just perfect for the stamp. The supporting colours do their job well, and a great choice of sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina this is one of my favourite colour schemes to use for Christmas, so seeing it used for a birthday was surprising. Your card is wonderful and the small pops of green and red work perfectly with the Sahara Sand. You have done my favourite SU colour proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to show off Sahara Sand, Tina. I really like how you used the smaller "map" stamp inside the card, and think it's a great complement to the large stamp on your card front.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.