Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2022

Colour Creations: Merry Merlot

 Hi!


Thanks for stopping by on our Colour Creations Merry Merlot Blog Hop. As the name suggests, it's a deep burgundy/red that's part of the Neutral colour family.


I really liked this colour combo from Brian King. It screams 'nautical' to me, but as I don't have any stamps in that theme, I had to think a bit harder about what to do.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Rugged Icons Dies, Timber 3DEF, Stylish Shapes Dies, A Good Man, Masculine Card

Rugged Icons to the rescue! I used a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet on the back of some Very Vanilla cardstock before cropping it with the beard die. It adds such lovely dimension, and is way less fiddly than trying to add foam adhesive later.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Rugged Icons Dies, Timber 3DEF, Stylish Shapes Dies, A Good Man, Masculine Card

For my background, I embossed some Vanilla card with the Timber 3DEF, and then used a Blending Brush to add some Merry Merlot ink over the top. Finally, I added some splatters in Night Of Navy.

scissorspapercard, Colour Creations, Rugged Icons Dies, Timber 3DEF, Stylish Shapes Dies, A Good Man, Masculine Card

This time, I just added some Adhesive Sheet to the back of the Merry Merlot cardstock before cropping with the beard die. I love the way that the beard wraps around the sentiment!

The next stop along the way is my lovely friend, Theresa Gerrard. I can't wait to see what she's done with Merry Merlot.

If you run into any issues with links on the blog hop, please jump on over to the blog of the very wonderful Cathy Proctor. She will have a list of all of tonight's participants on her blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Great masculine colour combination! I, too, like the placement of the beard and sentiment inside your card, Tina - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to the beards! Love this elegant and simple design, Tina. Such a great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - I also love the beard "hugging" the sentiment inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Tina. I love the way you have used the colour scheme with the blended Merry Merlot and the Night of Navy splatters. As always, a great inner. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a fantastic masculine card, Tina. Using the foam before die cutting is such a great tip and I love the brushed ink with the Navy splatter. The inside is cool having the sentiment wrapped inside another beard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great masculine card Tina in a fab colour combo. I especially love the background you have created with the Timber and Night of Navy splatters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.