Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Colour Creations: Melon Mambo

 Hi!


Welcome to Melon Mambo week of the Colour Creations Blog Hops. Many years go, Melon Mambo was an In Colour (with Rich Razzleberry and Soft Suede), before becoming a part of the permanent colour range in a colour refresh. It's a fabulous, bright pink that is usually my go-to pink.


It mustn't be a go-to pink for Brian King though, as I could only find one combo, using current colours, of his that uses it! It's a fabulous combo, so I wasn't too worried by the lack of choice.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Nothing's Better Than, Love You More Than Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brights DSP

After three days in a row of 30°C temperatures, my mind immediately went to cocktails when I was thinking of what I could use these colours for. The Nothing's Better Than bundle leapt off my shelf and into my hands, LOL.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Nothing's Better Than, Love You More Than Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brights DSP

I started by stamping the 'kind of day' sentiment on the bottom of the cropped Stylish Shapes circle. The 'Cocktails' was cut three times in Melon Mambo card, and then stacked for dimension. Adhesive Sheets make short work of this! Originally, the 'today is a' was going to be stamped at the top of the circle, but I quickly realised that I didn't have room for that, so over the top it went!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Colour Creations, Nothing's Better Than, Love You More Than Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brights DSP

To get the two-toned cocktails, I just inked one half of the filler stamp with the lightest colour, and then carefully inked the other half with the darker colour. I used the edge of the inkpad rather than the middle. Saves a lot of fussing around!

Thanks for joining me for Melon Mambo week, but please do continue hopping your way around all of the blogs tonight. There's plenty more to see, starting with my lovely friend Kathryn Ruddick.

If you run into any problems with the links tonight, please jump on over to our wonderful host, Cathy Proctor's blog. She has a list of all participants, and you can get back on track from there.

Bye for now,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. You've used this fun colour combination to perfection, Tina ... such a summery, delightful, card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh when I saw that colour combination I was excited and you didn't disappoint, Tina. Those cocktails looks amazing and with the warmer weather we are finally experiencing, these are very appealing!!! I love the layout with the circle, banner and strip behind the feature. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the layered colours in the cocktails, Tina! Every time you use this set I ask myself why have I not bought it yet! Your Cocktails word looks amazing when it is cut three times and layered - I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is definitely a cocktail kind of day. Gorgeous card Tina. I love your multi-coloured cocktails, the layered “cocktails” and your application of the colour combo. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love your inspiration for this weeks card and the choice of stamp set is perfect. Who would've have thought all those colours would work so well together but then again Brian's usually do. Love the inside of the card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely brilliant Tina! I look at that combo of colours and throw my hands up in despair, but cocktails is the perfect solution. Love your method for two-tone, very realistic. Rachelxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.