Pages

Thursday 1 July 2021

JAI 561: Just Add A Shaker

Hi!


It's once again time for the new Just Add Ink Challenge. This week Nikki has challenged us to add a Shaker element to our cards. What fun!

I recently received a new stamp set from Kindred Stamps, called Showstopper. If there was ever a set designed to go with glitter, it has to be one called Showstopper, right?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Showstopper, Stage Builder Stencil, Wood Textures DSP, Copics, Stampin' Blends

I started my card by creating the stage scene using a stencil from Kindred Stamps called Stage Builder. The bulk of the curtains was sponged first using Real Red ink. I then laid the detail part of the stencil over and sponged using Cherry Cobbler Ink. Don't they look amazing? The stencil was also used to create the spotlight on the floor, which was just an offcut of some retired Wood Textures DSP.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Showstopper, Stage Builder Stencil, Wood Textures DSP, Copics, Stampin' Blends

It's really hard to see, because the glitter is *everywhere* in the shaker, but I sponged some Wild Honey Distress Oxide through the stencil onto some Basic Black card to form the spotlight on the performer. I love how the ink shows up so well on the black card, when it's not covered in glitter!! The aerialist was coloured using a mix of Copics and Stampin' Blends. 

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Just Add Ink, Showstopper, Stage Builder Stencil, Wood Textures DSP, Copics, Stampin' Blends

I stamped and coloured another performer from the Showstopper stamp set on the inside. I haven't yet found a sentiment I like to stamp on the inside, but that just leaves more room for a personal message!

That's all from me for tonight, but please do pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find plenty of shaking going on, LOL! The Design team have had fun with this challenge, and I hope you will too. Don't forget to link up your card before the deadline!

Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a show stopper of a card!! This scene is so memorable and I love how you’ve recreated it 😍😍😍. The curtains are amazing and the performer is so awesomely coloured. All it needs is for the music to start! So wonderful and I’m sure the recipient will treasure this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a show stopper of a card!! This scene is so memorable and I love how you’ve recreated it 😍😍😍. The curtains are amazing and the performer is so awesomely coloured. All it needs is for the music to start! So wonderful and I’m sure the recipient will treasure this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.