Pages

Monday 5 July 2021

Heart Of Christmas Week 1

 Hi!


Welcome to our first Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop for 2021. We've been doing this a few years now, and it's a great way to start getting your Christmas card stash organised early, avoiding that early December panic of not having enough cards to send out.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Joy To The World, Pattern Party DSP, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Pine Tree Punch, Sheetload Of Cards

I'm trying something a little different this year - all of my Christmas cards for the HOC Blog Hop will be based off of Crafty Al's Sheetload Of Cards templates. It's a great way of getting multiple cards done quickly, as all the planning is already done for you - all you need to do is chop, stamp and assemble. This week's cards are from the June 2019 Sketch.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Joy To The World, Pattern Party DSP, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Pine Tree Punch, Sheetload Of Cards

The stamp set that I used is from last year's Christmas Paper Pumpkin kit, called Joy To The World. At the time that I made these cards, it was still available on the Clearance Rack, but it is sadly now unavailable. I really love the stamp set, so it's a keeper for me! I used the Pine Tree punch to decorate the front. I ran the Pool Party cardstock through the Big Shot with my Tasteful Textile 3DEF first. The other colours in the cards are Misty Moonlight and Pale Papaya.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Heart Of Christmas, Joy To The World, Pattern Party DSP, Tasteful Textile 3DEF, Pine Tree Punch, Sheetload Of Cards

I don't yet have a lot of Christmas stuff - most of what I had retired over the last year. Instead I used the new Host DSP, called Pattern Party. So my cards are non-traditional colours and patterns, but I don't think it matters too much. The sketch template that I used was based around making 12 cards. I kept mine to four this time, but as Christmas gets closer, I may step up the numbers!

That's all from me for now, but please do continue on with our Blog Hop, as there's plenty more inspiration to come! The next blog in our hop is Caroline Manwaring, who makes the most stunning cards - you won't want to miss her creation!


If at any time you find a broken link and the next blog doesn’t come up please head to the blog of this week’s host of the  Heart of Christmas Blog Hop, Sharon Davern, and she will have the list of all who are participating.

Bye for now,

Tina

12 comments:

  1. Tina I love non-traditional colour combos for Christmas and this is beautiful. I can't wait to see all the sketch templates and how you interpret them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the texture on the Pool Party punched trees, Tina. I am a sucker for anything with polka dots or spots, so love your choice of papers, too. Nice going, having four cards made already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea using the template to produce many cards quickly. Love your colours and the embossed tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Woollard5 July 2021 at 21:55

    Great cards Tina, I love the unusual Christmas colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great start on your stash, Tina. Love the contemporary colours you've used and it's a great sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your cards and the not so traditional colours Tina! I am looking forward to watching the sketches each week and what you come up with and how you put your own personal twist on them. I love how you have embossed the tree and I like the DSP you have used on this card. Your card brings me Joy! Thank you for participating in the first HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your fresh new look with non-traditional colours and patterns, and a wonderful layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm going to have to google that template idea. What a great way to get a head start on your cards for Christmas. Such a lovely break away from the traditional colours for the season

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour combo Tina, and the embossed tree is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great texture on those trees! Great alternate colour combo for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your choice of non-traditional colours Tina. And, what a great idea to use the templates. Christmas certainly is the perfect time for creating multiples of cards. Your embossed tree is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the theme you are doing for your Christmas cards this year, a great way to knock off a stack at a time. Love that you have done some non traditional colours are well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.