Pages

Thursday 15 July 2021

JAI 536: Just Add A Sketch

 Hi!


Hello and hooray for Friday! Although, I'm a little sad that the school holidays are nearly over - I like my quiet, lazy days home with the kids! The new Just Add Ink challenge makes me happy, though!


This week Jan has designed this fun sketch for us. I like these really simple ones, as it gives us plenty of scope for playing.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, You're Extra Super, Justice is Served, Full Circle Vol 3 Heroes, Cobwebs 3DEF, Subtle 3DEF, Playful Alphabet Dies

My daughter was invited to a birthday party and needed a card for the Birthday Girl, who is a huge fan of a particular super hero. Easy-peasy when you have a pop-culture stamp collection like mine! I started by embossing a piece of Black Foil with a retired SU Cobwebs 3DEF. The bottom portion of the card was embossed with Subtle 3DEF.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, You're Extra Super, Justice is Served, Full Circle Vol 3 Heroes, Cobwebs 3DEF, Subtle 3DEF, Playful Alphabet Dies

The character is from a Kindred Stamps bonus digital file called You're Extra Super. I coloured him with my Copic markers and layered him on top of a Stitched Shapes Circle. The '16' was cut using the Playful Alphabet Dies. I wanted it to blend into the bottom of the card, but also to stand out, if that makes sense! I used Adhesive Foam to make it pop out, and then coloured the edges of the foam with my Copic marker to help it to blend.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Kindred Stamps, Ink Road Stamps, Just Add Ink, You're Extra Super, Justice is Served, Full Circle Vol 3 Heroes, Cobwebs 3DEF, Subtle 3DEF, Playful Alphabet Dies

To decorate the inside, I used a stamp from Ink Road Stamps, called Full Circle Vol 3: Heroes for the icon, and another Kindred Stamps set, called Justice Is Served for the sentiment. It's hard to see in the photo, but the black strip across the bottom is more of the Cobwebs-embossed Black Foil. It was too good to not use on the inside!

I hope that you have a great weekend, whatever you are doing! It's going to be wet and miserable here, so I'm hoping to get some quilting done. Before you go off and make some weekend plans, please head on over to the Just Add Ink blog, where you'll find the rest of this week's Design team cards. Hopefully you'll be able to make time to join in our challenge - we'd love to see what you create!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.