Pages

Sunday 4 July 2021

CTC 325: Die Bundles Section

 Hi!


Thanks for joining me for the new CASEing The Catty Sunday Challenge Blog Hop.  This week Rebecca has challenged us to CASE a card from the Die Bundles Section of the Annual Catalogue.


The section runs for six pages, so there's plenty of choices for you. I found this card, that uses the All For Baby bundle.


I really loved the stripes of colour that faded out toward the top of the card, and how the images layered over the top matched the colours. I don't have this bundle, but I thought that flowers would make a great alternative.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pierced Blooms Dies, Birthday Chick Dies, Pattern Party DSP, Sweet As A Peach

I started with a piece of the new Hostess DSP, Pattern Party. I cropped the piece a little longer than I needed for the card front by about half an inch. I then trimmed this piece into four 1 inch wide strips. Each of the strips were then inked using Blending Brushes, fading the colour out to the top. I used Pale Papaya, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party and Petal Pink. After colouring, I trimmed the extra length from the bottom of the strips and adhered the strips to a card front sized piece of Whisper White. You can see that I was careful to keep the strips in the same order, so that the little circles in the paper match up.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pierced Blooms Dies, Birthday Chick Dies, Pattern Party DSP, Sweet As A Peach

The flowers were cropped from matching cardstock and adhered to the front of the card. I used Granny Apple Green for the leaves.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, CASEing The Catty, Pierced Blooms Dies, Birthday Chick Dies, Pattern Party DSP, Sweet As A Peach

I used the pieces I trimmed from the front to decorate the bottom of the inside - you can just see them peeping out from underneath the flowers. It was much easier to ink the strips in one go and then trim them to size.

Have you joined our Facebook group so that you can participate in our challenges? We'd love to see what you make!


Please continue on with our Blog Hop tonight by jumping on over to Rebecca's blog. You won't want to miss any of the stops along the way - there's lots of inspiration to be seen.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.